AIO Colling temperatures?

Daniel545

Honorable
Aug 27, 2015
Hello
I recently built a new PC with EVGA CLC 120 AIO Cooler. This is my very first experience with water cooling. I had many doubts when I was installing the Cooler Like what if something goes wrong Like Leaking or I will just get high temps. Well everything seemed to work fine but I have some higher temepratures I think. I have around 30 degrees when idle and under Full load when running prime95 After 2 hours max recorded was 75. I dont know how about gaming because the PC was built just 2 days ago. My old FX-6300 OCed to 4.70ghz Cooled with Thermalright HR02 air Cooler had 27-30 idle and 75 at max too. But it was OCed to 4.7ghz. (But it had some problems in hot summer days)
Oh I have to mention that there is like 30 degrees outside so it can have some impact on temps or am I wrong?

My build:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600k Stock clocks
Cooler: EVGA CLC 120
MB: ASUS TUF Z270 mark 2
GPU: SAPPHIRE R9 290 refference model so it is getting really hot too.
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 DDR4 8GB 2400mhz
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750G
CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus

I planned to OC the 7600k but with these temps it is not possible I think.
So what do You think? Is this normal for a 120mm radiator or there is something wrong?
Every answer is appreciated.

Solution
AMD and Intel measure temperature differently. 75c on an Intel CPU is not the same as 75c on an AMD CPU, so you can't compare them. Your temps are roughly in-line with what I'd expect, and perfectly safe.

Just so you know, most 120mm AiO coolers are not as good as inexpensive (~$25-35) air coolers. The reason for this is that the only important factor for cooling your CPU is surface area, and most tower heatsinks are larger than 120mm AiO coolers. AiO's just end up being more expensive because they have to package in a pump, tubes, waterblock and coolant, in addition to the radiator.
AMD and Intel measure temperature differently. 75c on an Intel CPU is not the same as 75c on an AMD CPU, so you can't compare them. Your temps are roughly in-line with what I'd expect, and perfectly safe.

Just so you know, most 120mm AiO coolers are not as good as inexpensive (~$25-35) air coolers. The reason for this is that the only important factor for cooling your CPU is surface area, and most tower heatsinks are larger than 120mm AiO coolers. AiO's just end up being more expensive because they have to package in a pump, tubes, waterblock and coolant, in addition to the radiator.

Solution
Not familiar with the EVGA cooler or 7600k. I feel like I've heard that the 7series chips tend to run hot. I am using a much larger rad on my 6600k 280 rad and it stays under 50 running folding at home, which is not as rough as prime 95. my 6600 is OCed to 4.4G. previously I had a 920 on a 120rad. I can't recall the temps, they were substantially higher probably very similar to your 7600k

Daniel545

Honorable
Aug 27, 2015

Thank you for a very quick response. Well since there are more of you guys saying that it is normal I will just try to get a 240/280 radiator. Thank you for your time :)