Mar 30, 2020
Hi,
Just after Christmas i setup my RTX 2080ti onto the NZXT Kraken G12 cooling mount with a corsair H55 to see how AIO cooling worked to drop my temps. At first i saw a passive temperature of around 30 degrees and at load it never went above 60 so i was happy with how it was as it was slightly cooler than the stock cooler.

Recently I've noticed my performance in games take a pretty big hit and checking my temps, resting is now around 40-45 but under load its capping at 86 then pushing the power and temp limit in MSI afterburner caps at 88 which is the software's maximum so all i can assume is that its thermally throttling itself to keep cool.
I took off the AIO and reapplied a new coat of Kryonaut and the same temperature is showing. The fans are working normally and as far as i can tell so is the pump.

I'm wondering if its the pump but my assumption is that if the pump was broken the resting temp would be above 40-45?
Also, having owned it for under 6 months i'd be shocked if it was damaged so i wanted to ask here for any suggestions before buying a replacement/looking if i'm warranty covered.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Solution
u should use high presure fan, so that air can push through fins, if theres not enough pressure, it will just bounce around
alternatively u can use two cheap lowpressure fans in push-pull combo, which will reduce temps by around 5 degree
anway 12cm rad for your gpu means lots of fan noise to cool it down
i have 1070ti modded (300watt) with 24cm rad with 4 static pressure fans in push pull and getting in gaming 45C max, during folding its at 60C
dunno why but games doesnt push gpu hard enough

anyway h55 is comparable to 150watt tdp air cooler, not really great choice for replacing your stock gpu air cooler, it doesnt have enough room for heat to dissipate...so high speed fans only, noctua industrial 3000 rpm should handle it...
Mar 30, 2020
do you feel warmth on tubing/rad?
pump if works should be moving water to your rad
Yep, just checked and i can feel the heal on all areas.
I've just swapped the fan on the RAD for the one that comes with my CPU cooler and its dropped a few degrees. Could it possibly be the airflow pressure as i'm using the cheaply made one that comes with my case as the exhaust?

u should use high presure fan, so that air can push through fins, if theres not enough pressure, it will just bounce around
alternatively u can use two cheap lowpressure fans in push-pull combo, which will reduce temps by around 5 degree
i have 1070ti modded (300watt) with 24cm rad with 4 static pressure fans in push pull and getting in gaming 45C max, during folding its at 60C

anyway h55 is comparable to 150watt tdp air cooler, not really great choice for replacing your stock gpu air cooler, it doesnt have enough room for heat to dissipate...so high speed fans only, noctua industrial 3000 rpm should handle it
https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-3000-pwm
its pwm

Last edited:
Reactions: Elliott_tech
Solution
Mar 30, 2020

anyway h55 is comparable to 150watt tdp air cooler, not really great choice for replacing your stock gpu air cooler, it doesnt have enough room for heat to dissipate...so high speed fans only, noctua industrial 3000 rpm should handle it
https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-3000-pwm
its pwm
Alright, thank you ill give the push pull configure a go and see how that turns out. I would have gone for a 240 rad for it but i have a 240 for my cpu in the case already and its only a mid tower so wasnt enough room for anything over 120.
Thanks again for your advice.