[SOLVED] AIO Cooler and 24/7 Use

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
is it safe to use the computer 24/7 like i do now with air cooling, when i get my 240MM Arctic Freezer II AIO cooler for my Intel 10700 Processor? local shop recommends that cooler for best fit in my Thermaltake V200 RGB Case. So decided i better find out if i can still use system same way i do now, prior to spending the money on the cooler/getting it installed asap

Current CPU Cooler--Intel Stock LGA 1200 one

Solution
Yes no need to have the system on constantly. Just reboot the system occasionally. Sleep mode will keep anything your working on in memory so long as you don't disconnect the PSU.

A 240mm top mount AIO will be good for a moderate CPU Overclock. I have mine drawing air into the case due to my room air conditioner. The air within your case will never be less than Ambient.

Your fan curve in Bios is adjusted from the nodes by dragging the profile curve to increase or decrease fan speed at a given temperature. Adjust the fan curve after you instal the AIO water cooler.

Images can be loaded to IMGUR as a link to this site. Just obtain the bburl from IMGUR

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Guess was concerned that maybe wasn't good to run the AIO pump 24 hours, like i do the fans currently, as usually at night either have some late night file uploads sometimes to Onedrive ((some photos and such, nothing too big), or Malwarebytes scan, or Windows Defender scan, or other system maintenance task.

if thats the case just much cooler temps, then can't wait til can get the AIO installed, and really enjoy this 8 Core System fully

or Macirum Reflect system image backup, incremental every couple days, if i don't forget on it, takes a bit to write to my 8TB Seagate Drive in USB 3.1 Enclosure

(Gonna be the first ever AIO cooler ever used on any system)

Last edited:
I there a reason you don't want to put the system to sleep? Sleep mode will save electricity.
Go to Control Panel>Power Options and select how and when to put the system to sleep.

There is no need to run your system fans constantly at 100%. Adjust your fan curve in Bios.

If your experiencing heat issues then an AIO dual rad radiator will help considerably and easy to instal. Just ensure what you choose will fit in your case.

Reactions: bikemanI7

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
I there a reason you don't want to put the system to sleep? Sleep mode will save electricity.
Go to Control Panel>Power Options and select how and when to put the system to sleep.

There is no need to run your system fans constantly at 100%. Adjust your fan curve in Bios.

If your experiencing heat issues then an AIO dual rad radiator will help considerably and easy to instal. Just ensure what you choose will fit in your case.

Well i guess i could put it to sleep after tasks are finished

Adjusted Fan curve best i could, not too experienced with that aspect,

Heat issues a little bit, if running system full tilt when i first got it, opened battlefield 4 game, temps shot up to almost 100C, since then activated (Set on Auto) Thermal Power limit in UEFI bios, keeps it around 4.6ghz, and temps usually in the low 80's if running something heavy

I can grab some screenshots soon as possible from the UEFI bios of the current fan curves, never been an expert at that type of thing, as my previous Pre built computer didn't have that option, so fan curves still a little new to me

Top mount of case can handle up to 240MM Radiator

Front mount 280 up to 360 i think

Probably would go with Top mount 240MM i think, setup to exhaust i think probably good there

Case is Thermaltake V200 RGB ((bought June 2020 From local shop))

Do have screenshot of CPU's fan curve from phone

Current CPU Fan Curve

((not sure how to insert the image though on this forum, so doing my best attempt lol))

Sys_fan curve i'll get screenshot of later on hopefully tonight

Yes no need to have the system on constantly. Just reboot the system occasionally. Sleep mode will keep anything your working on in memory so long as you don't disconnect the PSU.

A 240mm top mount AIO will be good for a moderate CPU Overclock. I have mine drawing air into the case due to my room air conditioner. The air within your case will never be less than Ambient.

Your fan curve in Bios is adjusted from the nodes by dragging the profile curve to increase or decrease fan speed at a given temperature. Adjust the fan curve after you instal the AIO water cooler.

Images can be loaded to IMGUR as a link to this site. Just obtain the bburl from IMGUR

Solution

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020

Yeah just gonna use Stock CPU Clocks, with Intel Turbo Boost

Will adjust the curve after i install the AIO

Sleep mode will check out, and use whenever tasks are finished for the night

Last edited: