[SOLVED] AIO cooler lifespan

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
Hi, I'm thinking on changing my cooler to an AIO, but i'm still kind of considering my choices here. Now, I heard that AIO do have a lifespan before everything inside gets dirty and gunked up. I'd like to know, on high gaming use, maybe like 8 hours a day, how long will the AIO last? And if the AIO gets dirty and gunked up, will it be covered by warranty? Also, if by any chance it leaks, and killed my other parts, will contacting the manufacturers (like corsair) gave me some sort of warranty of said killed parts? Oh, and one more, can you give me some recommendation for budget 120mm AIO with good warranty? Thanks.

Solution
  1. AIOs will get "gunked up" both in use, and sitting. So they have about the same lifespan overall.
  2. Assume your AIO will last exactly as long as its warranty, if the company isnt certain it will last longer, dont count on it. (That being said, they tend to last past the warranty period quite often).
  3. In some rare cases yes, companies have been known to replace damaged components. But, this is not a written policy nor should you plan on having the protection. It could go either way.
  4. Not really, 120mm AIO coolers are a fairly bad investment and dont perform any better than air coolers at half the price. 240mm is the bare minimum to see any sort of cooling increase, and even then there are air coolers that give them a run for...
  1. AIOs will get "gunked up" both in use, and sitting. So they have about the same lifespan overall.
  2. Assume your AIO will last exactly as long as its warranty, if the company isnt certain it will last longer, dont count on it. (That being said, they tend to last past the warranty period quite often).
  3. In some rare cases yes, companies have been known to replace damaged components. But, this is not a written policy nor should you plan on having the protection. It could go either way.
  4. Not really, 120mm AIO coolers are a fairly bad investment and dont perform any better than air coolers at half the price. 240mm is the bare minimum to see any sort of cooling increase, and even then there are air coolers that give them a run for their money.
Just over a year ago I dropped my H100i due to age and noise levels for a budget air cooler, temps remained similar.

Reactions: Irisena
Solution

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
alright thanks. I mainly want to go to AIO route for aesthetics. my temps with cryorig m9i is still perfectly fine, but I was hoping for a little better temps since sometimes my CPU can spike to 81c. But seeing that there's no definitive way to get the manufacturers involved in case of leaks and the lifespan is still running even though it's just sitting still makes me a bit worried about buying one. Maybe i'll just stick to what I have and save the money for future builds. once again, thanks!