[SOLVED] AIO Cooler making weird noises

Dec 15, 2021
I've had this cooler for at least a year, and have not noticed this beforehand until now. I realized whenever I turn my computer on or have it on idle, there is this very audible "slapping" sort of sound happening in my radiator, it's becoming both irritating and concerning for me because I tried figuring out what the problem was however I cannot figure out where it's coming from, besides it being near the radiator, others tried claiming it was from other components but I doubted it because I was incapable of hearing any other sound produced from components besides the radiator, i'll be attaching a video to showcase what it is I hear when I turn the computer on and have it running on idle.

Computer on idle

Computer on startup

It's an MSI AIO Cooler, specifically the MAG Coreliquid series and i've never had this problem happen before until just lately, i'm concerned that something may get damaged by whatever is making this sound.

Solution
Oh, the Esports thing. Yeah, that is kinda small for i7/i9.
I meant something bigger than that would be more adequate for those cpus, like the NH-D15/S or Assassin III.

But yes, if you avoid the coolers I brought up earlier, you should be good.
Pick based on looks, and whether you're ok with mandatory software or not. Besides that, there's not much else separating AIOs.
[By mandatory software: Corsair iCUE and NZXT CAM are required for their respective coolers.]

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You have to move the radiator. Two key points:
-pump in the radiator on this model. Your mounting options are more limited.
-pump should stay immersed in fluid. That's how it keeps cool and stays lubricated. Air is a no-no.

See that black cube in the radiator? Try to position it at the bottom of the loop.

Dec 15, 2021
You have to move the radiator. Two key points:
-pump in the radiator on this model. Your mounting options are more limited.
-pump should stay immersed in fluid. That's how it keeps cool and stays lubricated. Air is a no-no.

See that black cube in the radiator? Try to position it at the bottom of the loop.
I am confused as to where you say to position it, am I just turning it around or do I have to change where it is at?

Dec 15, 2021
Yes. That top mount will continue to expose the pump to air.
Mount the radiator at the front, with the pump towards the bottom; I know Msi has the pump offset on those Coreliquid units.
Looks like I’ll need a new case... my RTX 3070 is taking up too much space to place the radiator down at the front.

Dec 15, 2021
The problem is that I use an i9 processor, which commonly overheats so I’m not sure if an air cooler would cool it down enough.. I could try getting another aio cooler however I’m unsure what brand I should use by then.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It depends on bios settings, power plans and airflow.

I could try getting another aio cooler however I’m unsure what brand I should use by then.
Just about any will do, really. There aren't that many pump in radiator models out there - Coreliquid R, RH, C, P, and NZXT's Kraken M22. If you avoid those, you should be ok.
There's Arctic's Liquid Freezer II series with their 38mm thick radiators, so you need to check chassis clearance. On most AIOs, rads are 27-30mm thick.

Dec 15, 2021
It depends on bios settings, power plans and airflow.

Just about any will do, really. There aren't that many pump in radiator models out there - Coreliquid R, RH, C, P, and NZXT's Kraken M22. If you avoid those, you should be ok.
There's Arctic's Liquid Freezer II series with their 38mm thick radiators, so you need to check chassis clearance. On most AIOs, rads are 27-30mm thick.
Last time I tried an Arctic air cooler on an i7 it still overheated, but I’ll go and see what aio coolers I could use in replacement of this one

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I meant something bigger than that would be more adequate for those cpus, like the NH-D15/S or Assassin III.

Pick based on looks, and whether you're ok with mandatory software or not. Besides that, there's not much else separating AIOs.
[By mandatory software: Corsair iCUE and NZXT CAM are required for their respective coolers.]

Solution
Dec 15, 2021

Ahh I see, that’s quite helpful to know. I’ll see what aio cooler is best for my case, since I don’t have much working space with the graphics card being so bulky and large, I’ll consider going for an Arctic aio cooler though.