AIO Cooler Placement

H4rry_2114

Reputable
Jun 9, 2016
I have a gigabyte 990fx-ud5a motherboard and it has 1 CPU_Header, 1 3-pin chassis fan, 1 4-pin chassis fan, and 1 pwr_fan header.

I have the Corsair H55 AIO cooler and was wondering were I should connect the radiator and which header to connect the 120mm fan.

Solution
What rpm is the power fan header showing in bios ?

No with a h55 temps should be considrrably lower , idle mid 30s, full load low 60s.

If its not the pump its either thermal paste application or the actual cooler mounting at fault.

Troubleshooting like this is exctly why I recommend to stay away from cheap aio coolers.

AniChatt

Distinguished
1. Install the 120mm fan in CPU fan header.
2. As per mobo spec sheet this mobo has "1 x power fan header". Insert the pump header in this power fan header becs it does not have speed control and likely to provide constant current. Just to check after installation go to your fan control software and tune it, if it is showing as a fan not a pump or NA, in that case set the speed to full.

What rpm is the power fan header showing in bios ?

No with a h55 temps should be considrrably lower , idle mid 30s, full load low 60s.

If its not the pump its either thermal paste application or the actual cooler mounting at fault.

Troubleshooting like this is exctly why I recommend to stay away from cheap aio coolers.

Solution