Question AIO Cooler Question (new to building)

ValhallaOutcast

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
My case (NZXT H200) came with two 120mm fans both as exhaust , I want to get the Corsair H100i (RGB one)

Could I swap out the Corsair RGB fans with the NZXT fans, my though is the RGB fans look nice setup as exhaust fans because the bracket is not visible OR my other thought is leave the RGB fans on the radiator as exhaust fans but that would mean I would have two fans and a AIO all set to exhaust

Look for people with experience with ITX cases

My video card is a blower style so its also exhausting out the back

As of right know I do not have intake fans just the two fans that came with the case, I have only been using it for a year so I couldn't even begin to guess if my current airflow is good or bad

It my research I see push vs pull used as terms and I understand but I also dont see anything clearn on what side of the radiator its best to mount them because obvisoulsy Push could mean push air in or push air out so I am confused which side is best or if its just cosmetic at that point

Can you provide your full specs? This can help identify good cooling methods. My Ryzen build in signature is using H100i PRO RGB fans setup in pull configuration. Only other fan in ITX case is a Noctua 92mm thin series exhaust.

Last edited:
That case ONLY supports a 240mm radiator in the front anyhow, and that NEEDS to be configured as an intake device. So I would leave the corsair fans on there, they are better for this purpose than the NZXT fans by a long shot anyhow, and leave the NZXT fans where they are in the rear and top rear locations as exhaust, and get on with life. That would be the correct configuration and implementation for this AIO device.

There is no other configuration for this cooler, in THIS case, that would be appropriate.

ValhallaOutcast

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Can you provide your full specs? This can help identify good cooking methods. My Ryzen build in signature is using H100i PRO RGB fans setup in pull configuration. Only other fan in ITX case is a Noctua 92mm thin series exhaust.

with the AIO I will also be upgrading the CPU to the Ryzen 5 3600

rest of specs
Asus B450i Motherboard
Vega 56
16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengenace Pro

USAFRet

Titan
It my research I see push vs pull used as terms and I understand but I also dont see anything clearn on what side of the radiator its best to mount them because obvisoulsy Push could mean push air in or push air out so I am confused which side is best or if its just cosmetic at that point
"Push" means to push air through the rad or cooler.
"Pull" means to pull air through the rad.

Irrespective of in or out of the case.

Reactions: ValhallaOutcast