[SOLVED] AIO cooler RGB turning off and temperature fluctuating

Sep 29, 2020
I have a 120mm Cooler master aio pump, i recently noticed that my rgb lights on my aio cooler turn off about 3-4 minutes later and through hwid i can see that the temperatures fluctuate from the 50sC to 70sC and even sometimes 80sC
(i have a i7 9700k btw running at 4.6 ghz)
I thought about getting some thermal paste tomorrow and reapplying it on the cpu.( havent done this in about 6 months)
not sure what cooler this is(120mm cooler master cooler) that i got in a prebuild pc but which i later on upgraded from an i5 to an i7

If i could get better overclocking results with a better AIO then please give me your recomendations that would be much appreciated

Thanks alot in advance!

Solution
80C is well within spec for a 9700K (it throttles at 100C). That isn't an issue. Replacing the thermal paste is probably a good idea, but there's no real problem here. The RGB turning off is odd, but unless that's critical to you it probably isn't worth buying a new AIO for.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
80C is well within spec for a 9700K (it throttles at 100C). That isn't an issue. Replacing the thermal paste is probably a good idea, but there's no real problem here. The RGB turning off is odd, but unless that's critical to you it probably isn't worth buying a new AIO for.

Reactions: ThelastPP
Solution

TRENDING THREADS