[SOLVED] AIO Cooling 8700k

dannyXD

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2013
Hi, I just installed the Fractal Fesign Celsius S36 just wondering what some safe temps are for my CPU i7 8700k. Currently whilst playing Conan Exiles I peak around 74-77C, i'm not sure if these are high or normal as I usually just air cool the CPU but I didn't check the temps before changing the coolers around.

Anyone with a similar setup share their temps?

Solution
... Fractal Fesign Celsius S36 just wondering what some safe temps are for my CPU i7 8700k ... Conan Exiles I peak around 74-77C, i'm not sure if these are high or normal ...
Although "throttle" temperature for your i7-8700K is 100°C, here's the nominal operating range:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient (room) temperature, for which the international standard for "normal" is 22°C or 72°F.

You might want to read this: Intel Temperature Guide

CT :sol:
D

Deleted member 2720853

My i7-8700 peaks at 90W, 65C max while gaming, 78C on Prime 95, but this is on a 130W rated Thermaltake UX200 tower air cooler.

I don't think you should be getting those temps with an AIO, especially a 360mm one.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Closed front case, ouch. Those 2 front fans won't do you justice at all.

Do you have an exhaust fan on the rear?

Make sure the cooler is installed properly, and I recommend stocking up on some thermal paste before doing so, preferrable Arctic MX-4 or Noctua NT-H2.

Try feeling the pipes, radiator and pump while the system is running, if they're all warm, that's good - but if the pump is hot and nothing else is, that's bad.

Check for pipe blockage as well, gently tilt your PC so the liquid moves a bit and clears the blockage/any air bubbles that might be present.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
... Fractal Fesign Celsius S36 just wondering what some safe temps are for my CPU i7 8700k ... Conan Exiles I peak around 74-77C, i'm not sure if these are high or normal ...
Although "throttle" temperature for your i7-8700K is 100°C, here's the nominal operating range:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient (room) temperature, for which the international standard for "normal" is 22°C or 72°F.

You might want to read this: Intel Temperature Guide

CT :sol:

Solution