Question AIO cooling my gpu and cpu

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, so I’ve settled for building a high-end computer and my parts are as follows:

Case: Rosewill Cullinan MX

PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 Watt G3 80+ Gold

CPU: Ryzen 2700X

MOBO: Msi B450 Tomahawk

RAM: DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 sticks) 3200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce Gaming OC RTX 2080

Etc... the rest will be listed if needed.

The problem
So I was wanting to buy a cpu heatsink other than the stock cooler. I was highly recommended a liquid cooler and I thought to look up some. I stumbled upon a thing called NZXT G12 which allows me to cool my gpu which sounds amazing, and I looked up some AIOS. My worry is that my mobo seems to only have one CPU fan header which is what I believe is used to connect an AIO, pardon me if am wrong I’ve only built one pc before and that failed, but as far as I knew I tried getting a 280mm Corsair H100i cooler for the top of the case as a cpu cooler and a NZXT KRAKEN X72 for the gpu. The only problem is I don’t know if it is possible to connect these components and cool both using both AIOS or if I am just committing a grave mistake.

Note: I’ve been wondering if I should instead get the Asus Prime x470 pro for 140$

I appreciate any help possible.

Last edited:
Instead of investing several hundred dollars into cooling you could put that money towards components that would actually make a difference. For example, instead of a 2080+two CLCs and a G12 you could put that towards a 2080Ti instead, or a larger SSD, etc.

That aside, if you want to go that route, you hook up any pumps to SYS_FAN headers to run at max speed, and connect the CPU cooler to the CPU_FAN, and the GPU cooler to a SYS_FAN header and control it via software.

Jun 5, 2019
Instead of investing several hundred dollars into cooling you could put that money towards components that would actually make a difference. For example, instead of a 2080+two CLCs and a G12 you could put that towards a 2080Ti instead, or a larger SSD, etc.

That aside, if you want to go that route, you hook up any pumps to SYS_FAN headers to run at max speed, and connect the CPU cooler to the CPU_FAN, and the GPU cooler to a SYS_FAN header and control it via software.

In that case which option should I go with?.. the rtx 2080 am buying is only costing me 700$ meanwhile a TI costs a minimum of 1000 and that’s a none oc. Even then I have to get more money to cool THAT because that’s going to even be more in need of cooling as it’s higher end. Storage wise I think I have more than enough as I have a 1 tb SSD NVME as well as 1 tb hdd bundled with my mobo and a desperate 5 Tb hdd I chose.