• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question AIO cooling my gpu and cpu

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, so I’ve settled for building a high-end computer and my parts are as follows:

Case: Rosewill Cullinan MX

PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 Watt G3 80+ Gold

CPU: Ryzen 2700X

MOBO: Msi B450 Tomahawk

RAM: DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 sticks) 3200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce Gaming OC RTX 2080

Etc... the rest will be listed if needed.

The problem
So I was wanting to buy a cpu heatsink other than the stock cooler. I was highly recommended a liquid cooler and I thought to look up some. I stumbled upon a thing called NZXT G12 which allows me to cool my gpu which sounds amazing, and I looked up some AIOS. My worry is that my mobo seems to only have one CPU fan header which is what I believe is used to connect an AIO, pardon me if am wrong I’ve only built one pc before and that failed, but as far as I knew I tried getting a 280mm Corsair H100i cooler for the top of the case as a cpu cooler and a NZXT KRAKEN X72 for the gpu. The only problem is I don’t know if it is possible to connect these components and cool both using both AIOS or if I am just committing a grave mistake.

Note: I’ve been wondering if I should instead get the Asus Prime x470 pro for 140$

I appreciate any help possible.

Last edited:

Gam3r01

Titan
Instead of investing several hundred dollars into cooling you could put that money towards components that would actually make a difference. For example, instead of a 2080+two CLCs and a G12 you could put that towards a 2080Ti instead, or a larger SSD, etc.

That aside, if you want to go that route, you hook up any pumps to SYS_FAN headers to run at max speed, and connect the CPU cooler to the CPU_FAN, and the GPU cooler to a SYS_FAN header and control it via software.

Jun 5, 2019
Instead of investing several hundred dollars into cooling you could put that money towards components that would actually make a difference. For example, instead of a 2080+two CLCs and a G12 you could put that towards a 2080Ti instead, or a larger SSD, etc.

That aside, if you want to go that route, you hook up any pumps to SYS_FAN headers to run at max speed, and connect the CPU cooler to the CPU_FAN, and the GPU cooler to a SYS_FAN header and control it via software.
In that case which option should I go with?.. the rtx 2080 am buying is only costing me 700$ meanwhile a TI costs a minimum of 1000 and that’s a none oc. Even then I have to get more money to cool THAT because that’s going to even be more in need of cooling as it’s higher end. Storage wise I think I have more than enough as I have a 1 tb SSD NVME as well as 1 tb hdd bundled with my mobo and a desperate 5 Tb hdd I chose.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS