[SOLVED] Aio cooling trouble

Jan 19, 2021
So this is my first time building a pc and I was going off part picker to tell me what is compatible and what isn’t,
And now I have a aio radiator hooked up and ready to go but no where for my 3 pin cable to go into I have a tuf gaming b365m motherboard and it has no cpu opt header or a sys fan header all it has is 1 cpu fan header and 2 chassi headers. What do I do?

Solution
A pump needs to run at 100% all the time.
The fans can vary according to load.
The cpu fan header needs to be populated for the motherboard to start, pump is probably best for that.
The radiator fans can go in one of the chan fan headers.

I might ask what is your processor?
Does it come with a stock cooler?
With a B365 motherboard, you are not going to overclock and are not likely to need aio cooling.
The cpu fan header needs to be populated for the motherboard to start, pump is probably best for that.

With a B365 motherboard, you are not going to overclock and are not likely to need aio cooling.

Solution
Jan 19, 2021

I have a i5 9400f I was recommended the just get a radiator by a friend so I got that instead of a fan and me personally I’m not a big fan of intels stock cooler so I just went with a aio cooler
So what you saying is I should put the 3 pin pump in the cpu cooler header and the fans on the radiator in the chassi fan header?

If you use the stock cooler, here is how to mount it:

The stock cooler will come with paste pre applied, it looks like three grey strips.
The 4 push pins should come in the proper position for installation, that is with the pins rotated in the opposite direction of the arrow,(clockwise)
and pulled up as far as they can go.
Take the time to play with the pushpin mechanism until you know how they work.

Orient the 4 pins so that they are exactly over the motherboard holes.
If one is out of place, you will damage the pins which are delicate.
Push down on a DIAGONAL pair of pins at the same time. Then the other pair.

When you push down on the top black pins, it expands the white plastic pins to fix the cooler in place.

If you do them one at a time, you will not get the cooler on straight.
Lastly, look at the back of the motherboard to verify that all 4 pins are equally through the motherboard, and that the cooler is on firmly.

Reactions: I’m just here