[SOLVED] AIO CPU and AIO GPU cooler?

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
i been wanting to upgrade my pc for a while now and i think its about time i actually do it. What im planning will practically be building a new system entirely.

However i would like to be able to have my CPU and GPU both watercooled but i do not want to get into making custom loops. i know you can buy some GPUs with watercooling already on it so i was wondering if i can have both a an AIO CPU watercooler and an "AIO" GPU water cooler or if theres some other solution. Ive been out of touch with pc hardware for a couple years now so just want to make sure ill get this right.

Solution
Using liquid cooling us usually because one wants to overclock higher.
I think logically, it would be a better strategy to buy a higher performing cpu or gpu in the first place.
Some may want to do so because of aesthetics; I can't argue against that.

If money is no object, then you can buy graphics cards prepped for liquid cooling as well as motherboards.
You might as well then go for the whole custom loop approach.

Ultimately, you need to decide just how good you want/need to be.
[rant] honestly, when you're wanting to cool a GPU and a CPU by liquid, I'd recommend going for a custom loop personally. especially since GPUs that come with a watercooler are already quite expensive and the generic ones don't perform too well.
with 2 AIOs you also got 2 pumps (=noise) and 2 expensive coolers.
depending on what GPU you're going for liquid cooling is isn't really necessary either [/rant]

but yes, you can have both if your case supports it. will need some case research and depends on the coolers in question.

i been wanting to upgrade my pc for a while now and i think its about time i actually do it. What im planning will practically be building a new system entirely.

However i would like to be able to have my CPU and GPU both watercooled but i do not want to get into making custom loops. i know you can buy some GPUs with watercooling already on it so i was wondering if i can have both a an AIO CPU watercooler and an "AIO" GPU water cooler or if theres some other solution. Ive been out of touch with pc hardware for a couple years now so just want to make sure ill get this right.
[rant] honestly, when you're wanting to cool a GPU and a CPU by liquid, I'd recommend going for a custom loop personally. especially since GPUs that come with a watercooler are already quite expensive and the generic ones don't perform too well.
with 2 AIOs you also got 2 pumps (=noise) and 2 expensive coolers.
depending on what GPU you're going for liquid cooling is isn't really necessary either [/rant]

but yes, you can have both if your case supports it. will need some case research and depends on the coolers in question.
GPU AiO coolers usually come with a single 120mm radiator and it should fit nicely instead of rear case fan.

Reactions: mctrader07

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
like i said it will basically be a new build. i want to get a new cpu which will in turn force me to get a new mobo and ram, and at that point i was thinking ill go ahead and geta new case and psu as well since getting those 2 parts will allow me to have a whole 2nd pc with my old parts. the gpu i was gonna get whewn the new ones come out so i woudl use my current 1080 till then

Using liquid cooling us usually because one wants to overclock higher.
I think logically, it would be a better strategy to buy a higher performing cpu or gpu in the first place.
Some may want to do so because of aesthetics; I can't argue against that.

If money is no object, then you can buy graphics cards prepped for liquid cooling as well as motherboards.
You might as well then go for the whole custom loop approach.

Ultimately, you need to decide just how good you want/need to be.

Solution