Question AIO cpu cooling?

ljonzeey33

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I'm wondering on which aio to get for my ryzen 1700,

I'm looking between and artic freezer 2 240mm or a corsair h75 120mm?

Which one would you recommend?

Personally you do not need an AIO as the 1700 does not get that hot...saying that there are always some benifits to an AIO in that cooling will not be an issue at all, keeps the CPU area clear and they are now easy to install and require no maintence other than clearing dust every once in a while..

For me, the Artic Freezer II 240mm will do a great job and it is priced so well.....I have just bought the Arctic Freezer II 360mm for my overclocked CPU and it is a stellar cooler and more than worth it..

Reactions: ljonzeey33

ljonzeey33

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Personally you do not need an AIO as the 1700 does not get that hot...saying that there are always some benifits to an AIO in that cooling will not be an issue at all, keeps the CPU area clear and they are now easy to install and require no maintence other than clearing dust every once in a while..

For me, the Artic Freezer II 240mm will do a great job and it is priced so well.....I have just bought the Arctic Freezer II 360mm for my overclocked CPU and it is a stellar cooler and more than worth it..
At the moment I have just the stock wraith cooler on it? To be honest I just want one for the aesthetics and reduce the temp while gaming, not really looking to overclock eathier.

ljonzeey33

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
No do not get the Antec Mercury...I tried it and had to return it as the mechanism to tighten down the block is help by some plastic clips and they just fail....Stick to the Arctic or Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT, Fractal etc...
Okay thanks for the advice I'll probably get the arctic seems good value for money