[SOLVED] AIO creative fan placement

Nov 5, 2018
Hello

I have a gigabyte b450-m with a ryzen 7 2700x and I'm looking into maybe swaping my stock cooler for an AIO. My case, however, a corsair spec-omega, doesn't have enough room for anything larger than 140mm rad and I'd rather not get one for esthetic reasons. I can put one in the front but, again, would rather not for esthetic reasons.
I was wondering if i can mount the rad on the top and on the other side of the top mesh (no dust filter, just a perforated metal) where I should have enough room for the the fans. I still need to see if I can get the cables to my fan controller but I was wondering if anyone tried it before and can tell me of the performance drop i can expect (if any).

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Even if you have the AIO at the top, you're going to have to set the fans to exhaust the air out to top since hot air will always want to rise naturally. What AIO are you looking at? I've worked on it's relative, the Spec-O4 TG and the front can accept a 360mm radiator,
spec-omega-case-Content-2.jpg

Nov 5, 2018

I'd rather not put one in front because I think it wouldn't look as nice. Also, i had to pull my hdd trays to the right so a 360 wouldnt fit (though a 280 still probably would...)
I'm looking at the likes of the corsair h100i or h115i at the moment though nothing's set in stone yet.