Question AIO is making a weird clicking noise.

Aug 28, 2021
my pc just recently started having an odd clicking noise come from the radiator, not sure what it is or why it’s happening but i guess that’s why i’m here. i’m 100% sure the fans aren’t making the noise and i’ve tracked down the source of the noise to the radiator. if anyone could help me figure out what’s wrong with it it would be greatly appreciated!

Aug 28, 2021
to add to this there is a small metal square about an inch and a half all side big that goes all the way through the gills of the radiator. the noise seems to be emanating from there.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Lemme guess: You've got one of those MAG Coreliquids that have adopted the Pump-In-Radiator design(the pump is behind the metal square on the radiator).
But you have it top mounted, and since AIOs aren't topped off with fluid, and do lose some volume slowly over time, the pump has become exposed to more air.
The pump should be kept immersed in the fluid. You probably hear clicking now because fluid isn't flowing through there as well as it once did.

If it isn't that, then the impeller might have some debris stuck in it or something.

Aug 28, 2021
well only issue is i can hear it through noise canceling headphones. it’s mounted vertically with the tubing at the top and it’s an ibuypower aio. not sure of the specific make and model past that.