Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2021
Just built a pc and it would power on for a few seconds and then power off. There was red light on the mobo for cpu so I took it apart and realised the AIO isn’t making contact with the cpu.

I have the arctic freezer ii 240 and the issues seems that the standoffs are too high for the cooler to touch the cpu. I have screwed the standoff down fully and it doesn’t go down any further. I checked if I was using the correct standoffs for lga1200 and I was. I did find that the backplate isn’t flush with the mobo. I can’t push all 4 heads down without one side being higher than the other. However the standoffs on the other side are fully screwed down, they are pushing the washer into the mobo so even if the backplate was flush the standoff height would still be the same.
I have also checked that the standoff screw part is the same length either side.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
I think there's a set of little washers that it says to put between the standoffs and the motherboard. I ran into something similar when I was re-testing on LGA1200 and the washers were keeping the block just barely off of the CPU IHS.

Remove these little washers, reinstall the standoffs. See if that gives you the clearance you need.

I literally just got 2 new Arctic Liquid Freezer II models from Arctic this week to test....these are new RGB ones. :)

I still need to test/review their giant 420 AIO.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Just built a pc and it would power on for a few seconds and then power off. There was red light on the mobo for cpu so I took it apart and realised the AIO isn’t making contact with the cpu.

I have the arctic freezer ii 240 and the issues seems that the standoffs are too high for the cooler to touch the cpu. I have screwed the standoff down fully and it doesn’t go down any further. I checked if I was using the correct standoffs for lga1200 and I was. I did find that the backplate isn’t flush with the mobo. I can’t push all 4 heads down without one side being higher than the other. However the standoffs on the other side are fully screwed down, they are pushing the washer into the mobo so even if the backplate was flush the standoff height would still be the same.
I have also checked that the standoff screw part is the same length either side.

Any help is appreciated.
You sure your using the right parts?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fENoHLH1Im0

Jul 31, 2021
Forgot to include AMD
9yOLgh.jpg

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think there's a set of little washers that it says to put between the standoffs and the motherboard. I ran into something similar when I was re-testing on LGA1200 and the washers were keeping the block just barely off of the CPU IHS.

Remove these little washers, reinstall the standoffs. See if that gives you the clearance you need.

I literally just got 2 new Arctic Liquid Freezer II models from Arctic this week to test....these are new RGB ones. :)

I still need to test/review their giant 420 AIO.

Solution
Jul 31, 2021
@rubix_1011

I pulled up the PDF on the cooler but it showed 3 sets of screws 2066, 115X/1200 and AMD.
Are you sure you have the top mount on the pump installed correctly?
I added a better cooling person than me in on this he might be more help.
Yes you're correct I forgot to include the AMD screws but in the next picture I showed all three sets.

I will post a picture of the mount on the pump

Jul 31, 2021

I will try that but I think I will need more clearance as the washers are very thin

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I know, that's also what I thought. It worked out when I tried it.

I emailed the guys at Arctic and there was supposed to be an updated mount kit to officially support LGA1200, so it's worth a shot to see if they have one.

It's worth it to get it installed, they are quality coolers.

Status
Not open for further replies.