AIO Liquid Cooler Bursts, $3000 in drain.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Explicy

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
So I was finally happy I got a new cooler, as many of you know I am active on this forum and recently was having trouble previously with a corsair cooler and was happy to find I found a new one. Now this one failed.

cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856025

I was randomly playing CSGO when the red transparent tube connected to the block explodes, causing the liquid to shoot out onto the window inside the computer, all the components, and case it self.

I immediately shut off the computer and took everything apart and laid it on a bed cover to dry, The GPU's were soaked, the motherboard was soaked, and the case was like a pool of water.

Im leaving everything for 24 hours to dry but I wonder, what exactly could have caused such thing?

Here is what the waterblock on the cooler looks like
images

Here is what it looked like after it burst
dc4f128c7e57612f8f0e9640593aec8b.jpg
840e1371a59fa8b48e3c5c72f4aa4982.png

What is very sad is that I believed this was a great product so I branded the company on my YouTube channel and actually led about 4-5 or more people actually buy this product, and I advertised them for free pretty much with my review.

With that being said hopefully they can reimburse me for not only a new cooler (Im not sure if I want a new one) but for the damaged parts because it's not my fault that im on my computer and the pipe just bursts and ruins my whole computer. Im pretty sure AIO coolers are supposed to not Burst.

Overall, Let me know if you think these parts are going to live as they are drying now, the motherboard is completely messed up and my question is, If i get a different model motherboard will my computer still boot with RAID 0 And overclock normally on my Harddrives?

But I emailed the company, NewEgg did offer $99 instore credit if I return the item, but this case is more than just $99, hence the fact why I contacted the manufacturer.

THE MAIN QUESTION:

Do I get another water cooler? Or Fan Cooler? Why could this have happened? and is it the Companies responsibility to reimburse me for the components?

P.S. when contacting the manufacturer they could barely speak English and directed me to email their contact email so thats what I did.

Explicy

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

I was honest, that price I asked for was the cost of all the components that water got spilled on. Now when my replacement motherboard from MSI comes through and everything is tested, yes theres a chance that it could all work. If not, thats where that money comes in.

May 25, 2019
Hi Bro. good day! just want to check. i have Deepcool gamerstorm maelstorm and it got leaks as well and my new GTX 1660 ti is damaged. may i know where did you contacted deepcool customer service about this and how they refunded your money? im not sure if my i7 8700k is working or not. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.