Question AIO liquid cooling not working properly

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

So I got my CoolerMaster ML240L and installed. So my problem is that I plugged my fans to the cpu_fan and the pump to cpu_opt (I've changed the cpu_opt speed to full speed in bios to get the constant full speed) but for some reason my r5 2600x is 50-55C on idle. I applied enough thermal paste so that shouldn't be a problem. Anyone got any idea what am I doing wrong or what should I do? (I am running stock speeds, no oc at all)

Best regards, Blerkk.

Lutfij

Titan
There was a video by The Verge that said to add thermal paste and he made a disaster of a build in that video. Mind sharing a picture of how much you're referring to as enough thermal paste in your application for that AIO?

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also state the orientation of the fans on your AIO and the cases airflow as well as your ambient air temps.

Jul 21, 2019
There was a video by The Verge that said to add thermal paste and he made a disaster of a build in that video. Mind sharing a picture of how much you're referring to as enough thermal paste in your application for that AIO?

I am actually an IT student so I am not going to use a switchblade to build my pc even tho I am not a professional by any mean. (but I am not an idiot)

I have a front to back airflow in my case and my AIO is on the top blowing out the hot air. I know, a chimney build would be better in this case, but it is not a disaster to blow upwards the hot air.
Anyway here are the fans. The Fanin2 is the only case-fan becase the 3 on the front of the case is plugged to molex. (I have no idea what rpm they are)

View: https://imgur.com/a/npyDwIB

If mounting is not the problem what might be problem is where pump is connected to. Pump on those AIO coolers is meant to run full speed all the time, connecting it CPU_Opt is making it run at same speed as radiator fans, less than optimal.
That's the reason modern MBs have AiO_pump connectors that are not speed adjustable.
Connect pump to "water cooling CPU fan header" that's what it's made for. If it's adjustable, make sure it's set for full speed.

Jul 21, 2019
Did you actually read my post? “the pump to cpu_opt (I've changed the cpu_opt speed to full speed in bios to get the constant full speed)”
It is not running the fan speeds. I’ve set it to full speed. However, I dont have any aio pump cpu watercooling header on my mobo. BUT as I said, cpu_otp should be fine since it is running constant full speed.