Question AIO location

Apr 15, 2019
All,
starting a new build and its been a while.
Setup:
I-5 9600K
MB MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC LGA1151

Case CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 740 ATX Cube Case
Cooler CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,280mm.
Location Temp: Miami Fla room temp High 75F
Question: Considering where to place the AIO. Any reason why I shouldn't pace it at the bottom of the case as an intake>>pulling cool air through the RAD?
Orther intake is two front 140mm fans.
exhaust would be two top 140mm fans and one rear.
Power supply sits in a different compartment https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LHFLPB4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd not put it directly on the bottom of the case. Apart from the conflict of interest when it comes to air intake with the psu, conflicts with psu wiring, it's also the dustiest intake area. Generally the front or top exhaust is a better option.
I used 2x 140mm as intake and then exhaust and a kraken x61 as exhaust and then intake, basically the same results. With a 280mm aio you don't even need a rear exhaust.

Apr 15, 2019
I'd not put it directly on the bottom of the case. Apart from the conflict of interest when it comes to air intake with the psu, conflicts with psu wiring, it's also the dustiest intake area. Generally the front or top exhaust is a better option.
I used 2x 140mm as intake and then exhaust and a kraken x61 as exhaust and then intake, basically the same results. With a 280mm aio you don't even need a rear exhaust.
Thanks for the reply but the case is a cube case and the power supply is in a different compartment.