[SOLVED] AIO mount, tubes as highest point of the loop?

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hello there,

My PC is in sig, and I am looking to mount a 240mm AIO on my rig. The problem is, I can't put it anywhere else other than the front which has mounts for 3x 120mm fans. Normally you'd mount it on the top two, but this case has no clearance up top above the top 120mm fan, so the AIO won't fit there. Not to mention there's an accursed USB/3.5mm audio jack that's mounted at the top, but its assembly sits just behind the top fan. Mounting 240mm AIO is possible, but with no fan at the top half.

The only place I can feasibly mount it is on the 2nd and 3rd fan mount, but that will leave me with the pump being higher than the top of the rad. Since this is a small case, the tube length should be able to fit, with some length left over. I was thinking that since I can't have the top of the rad as the highest point in the loop, can the tubes be oriented as the highest point instead?

Diagram below:
6S33kqh.png

Solution
I realize that, but being new to watercooling in general, I have no idea why the tubes shouldn't be the highest point instead since air rises to the top of the loop?
Over time, as air collects in the system...that top curve is where it will end up.
Eventually making a whole bubble, where the two sections of liquid are no longer connected for a smooth flow.

USAFRet

Titan
I realize that, but being new to watercooling in general, I have no idea why the tubes shouldn't be the highest point instead since air rises to the top of the loop?
Over time, as air collects in the system...that top curve is where it will end up.
Eventually making a whole bubble, where the two sections of liquid are no longer connected for a smooth flow.

Solution