Question AIO not good enough ?

Jan 8, 2022
Hello everybody,
Recently I’ve changed my old Ryzen 1800X cpu to the great intel I7 11700K and bought new motherboard (Asus prime H570-Plus) with new rams and of course a totally new liquid cooler ( Masterliquid ML240L V2 2X120) and I’ve been using it for a month now, yesterday I wanted to really test the power of the CPU so I searched for overclocking options in bios as I had in my old MSI motherboard but I didnt find anything, after searching for a while I found that asus had a software that overclock the CPU which has 2 moods (standard-extreme) when I press the extreme option, I see the CPU speed rise to 4.8 mhz. And everything looks nice, but however the basespeed in task manager is still 3.6 ; so after I get this great speed I open some simple render to see the stress, it starts nicely for few seconds only, and then the speed throttle down to 3.4 3.5 only. And after a lot of research and trying a lot of things, Ive realized that once I load the CPU it reachs to 100 degrees, and then it throttle down. So my question will be first, is there way to OVERCLOCK the system from bios to keep it stable? And how do I limit my CPU from being over heated, will it work If I swap my cooler ? And do you recommend any ? I’ve check the thermal past applied and I found that there was little gape in the middle so I reapplied it probably again. And Ive checked the connectors and everything is in place, the pump head is in place, the fans of the coolers are connected to the cpu fan. And so on.
note the IDLE temp without changing anything is 39 degrees.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're only going to be able to overclock the rams, not the processor. Make and model of your AIO and how it's oriented in your chassis? BIOS version for your motherboard? On a side note, did you reinstall the OS after you migrated to the new platform?

Jan 8, 2022
Masterliquid ML240L V2 2X120 this is my cooler, I’ve installed it at the top of my case, getting the pipes from the left side to the CPU. The fans are located under the radiator pulling the air from inside and pushing it out the case.
I have no idea how to see the version of my bios but I know the I updated it to the last bios version available on the website.
And no I didn’t reinstall the OS as it worked perfectly.
thank you !

Masterliquid ML240L V2 2X120 this is my cooler, I’ve installed it at the top of my case, getting the pipes from the left side to the CPU. The fans are located under the radiator pulling the air from inside and pushing it out the case.
I have no idea how to see the version of my bios but I know the I updated it to the last bios version available on the website.
And no I didn’t reinstall the OS as it worked perfectly.
thank you !
For that AiO, make sure that pump is working at 100% all the time,control only fan speed.