ninjakarlsej

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
Hi All

A couple of days ago i got a warning when i booted up my PC saying that my CPU fan was not working properly. I didn't think much of it and tried to boot anyways to see if it still worked as normal, which it did. I've been getting this warning each time I've booted for the last couple of days but I, as mentioned, didn't think much of it as it was working as it normally would.

Today though I was watching a series online at it started to stutter. I figured that the cause for the stutter could be some throttling and well, I was correct to say the least. My CPU temps were at 100 degrees celsius so I shut off my PC.

My CPU cooler is an Asetek 510LC AIO if I remember correctly and I'm guessing it is dead. In the BIOS it shows up as N/A under fan RPM (also after plugging it out and back in) and the same happens if I connect it to a CHA_FAN.

My question is though, is there anything I could try to get it working again, anything at all? I wouldn't mind opening the cooler/pump since well, it's dead, but I would have no idea what to look for inside.

Thanks in advance, Ninjakarlsej :)

Solution
I am not familiar with that unit.
Do you have the manual for it? Does it mention anything about the user being able to service it?

If it's not, then "It's dead, Jim", and you need to replace it.
Most hybrid coolers weren't meant to be serviced; you keep the fans that work and toss out the rest.

Never mind, I spent some time to look it up.
This wasn't intended to be serviced or refilled. Time to toss it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I am not familiar with that unit.
Do you have the manual for it? Does it mention anything about the user being able to service it?

If it's not, then "It's dead, Jim", and you need to replace it.
Most hybrid coolers weren't meant to be serviced; you keep the fans that work and toss out the rest.

Never mind, I spent some time to look it up.
This wasn't intended to be serviced or refilled. Time to toss it.

Solution