[SOLVED] AIO on 1650 slim?

sonofpern

Commendable
Jun 5, 2018
I know it sounds dumb, but that aside, I have no idea what the breakdown on these are like, if there is a GPU AIO that COULD fit the GV-N1656OC-4GL. I know that the reason a lot of people had thermal issues was due to cheap/lacking thermal paste, this is not my issue, I just want to know if there is one out there, it has been really hard to track down, which I assume means I am doing it wrong or it doesn;t exist, neither scenario would surprise me honestly. Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
I get that, it's just a really specific project that would benefit from it. I'm not opposed to making something myself since, as you said, it's beyond overkill anyway so a DIY setup should be enough, it just wont get much airflow for what I am doing, and the heat sink is a bit thick too. Just have to measure the mounts on the card and put some things together and try not to break the card haha I am stuck with a slim card, and that's the strongest one they make so I have to try

Nothing is stopping you from trying; I believe there is a kit out there on amazon.com that basically retrofits a CPU AIO onto a GPU. It's definitely not plug-and-play, but for someone who likes to tinker it might be what you're looking for.

You said it...
I know it sounds dumb, but that aside, I have no idea what the breakdown on these are like, if there is a GPU AIO that COULD fit the GV-N1656OC-4GL. I know that the reason a lot of people had thermal issues was due to cheap/lacking thermal paste, this is not my issue, I just want to know if there is one out there, it has been really hard to track down, which I assume means I am doing it wrong or it doesn;t exist, neither scenario would surprise me honestly. Thanks in advance for the help.

A 1650 is too cheap a card for just about anyone to bother liquid cooling it, so as you said, yes, what you are looking for doesn't even exist. They don't even make liquid cooling for anything less powerful than a RTX 2080 Super if I remember right. This is why picking a GPU with the right cooling for your needs is so important.

sonofpern

Commendable
Jun 5, 2018
I get that, it's just a really specific project that would benefit from it. I'm not opposed to making something myself since, as you said, it's beyond overkill anyway so a DIY setup should be enough, it just wont get much airflow for what I am doing, and the heat sink is a bit thick too. Just have to measure the mounts on the card and put some things together and try not to break the card haha I am stuck with a slim card, and that's the strongest one they make so I have to try

Nothing is stopping you from trying; I believe there is a kit out there on amazon.com that basically retrofits a CPU AIO onto a GPU. It's definitely not plug-and-play, but for someone who likes to tinker it might be what you're looking for.

You said it wont get much airflow; what kind of case are you using? If it doesn't have good airflow, that'll dampen your results regardless if you're using air cooling or an AIO. How big a radiator does your case have room for?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS