[SOLVED] AIO Placement

Sep 22, 2020
Hello Community ,
I just build a Phanteks evolv shift pc and I have some questions about the AIO cooling.
My AIO is NZXT M22 and the placement is: Radiator Bottom and the CPU cooler is on top with the tubes up!
As you see the photo bellow.
My problem is that while is idle it starts to spin like a demon like it has thermal spikes !

PHOTO HERE

Solution
Yea, probably need to set a fan curve. I had to as well. The CPU will do a small task, that a program running in the background, or the OS, wants to do, which will cause a momentary spike in clock speed, and temps.
Sep 22, 2020
That right there is what you don't do with hybrid coolers: The pump should never be at the top of the loop; air is now trapped there, yielding your current experience.
The pump should always stay lubricated. Please correct this if possible.

Further proof about cooler placement if you require it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbGomv195sk
I watched his video but I did not understood exactly what he said cause I don't know @#@#@ about AIO's and liquids in general. With this PC case I currently have 2 possible solutions are 1 like that and option 2 flip it sideways with the pumps on sides it does not fit vertically.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, the bottom line of the video is to avoid having the pump at the highest point of the loop, which is what it currently is.
These units are not topped off with fluid, so there is air present

DOH! I totally forgot about the M22 being different! The pump is in the radiator on this unit.
Disregard what I said earlier!

Is the M22 plugged into AIO_PUMP, W_PUMP, or CPU_FAN header on the motherboard?

Is that particular header set to PWM mode in the bios?

Is the pump speed maxed out?

What is the M22 cooling?

Sep 22, 2020
My motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus Mini itx link Bellow
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#k

Ok got it so the square thing on the radiator IS the pump.
The NZXT fan that come with the AIO is connected in the CPU_FAN manual number 3
the Radiator comes with a cable which I connected it to a splitter (Deepcool FH-04) for adding more Fans. and this splitter is connected to Sys_FAN on manual number 4
I added this splitter at number 4 instead of connecting only the Radiator also in Bios did not check yet gonna check and update !

Sep 22, 2020
What are the rest of your system specs? You might need to set a fan curve, using the provided utility, for your motherboard, or within the bios, if possible.
Case:phanteks Evolv Shift
MOBO:Gigabyte Aorus Mini ITX Rev 1.0
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
GPU: AMD 5500XT
Cooler:NZXT M22
RAM: 2x8 Trident G.Skill 3000Mhz (Created new XMP profile)
PSU: EVGA 550 80+Gold Full modular
Drive: Western DIgital Green 240GB m.2
Drive2:Toshiba 1tb (cheap one I dont even remember :D)
Also I updated with the latest BIOS firmware update my Mobo and i installed the Chipset and all the drivers!

Sep 22, 2020
Yea, probably need to set a fan curve. I had to as well. The CPU will do a small task, that a program running in the background, or the OS, wants to do, which will cause a momentary spike in clock speed, and temps.
Ok gonna try that and let you know the only question I have is, do I need to connect the radiator on Sys_Fan alone or is it okay to leave it on the splitter I use (Deepcool FH-04) will I be able to make these changes on BIOS and select the pump individually or the will read the splitter as 1 fan ? If yes then where else can I connect the splitter on this mobo if it's not possible then I'm gonna buy a fan splitter that connects to psu.

Thank you in advance hope I did not overflowed you with all these questions !