[SOLVED] AIO pump at 0 rpm and cpu at 60º in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanned

Honorable
May 30, 2016
Hi,

Today I installed a Cooler master Master liquid 240L v2 rgb AIO into my new pc. My motherboard is a Gigabyte z690 aorus elite ax ddr5.

When I log into the bios, the cpu is at 50º-70º and the rpm meter for the pump goes from 0, to 45 for 2 seconds, to 0, to 65 and back to 0, and so on.

I've tried plugging the 3 pin connector (My motherboard only has 4 pin cpu fan connectors) into another slot, but same issue.

It doesn't feel like liquid is moving inside the tubes either.

I would love if someone could shine up some light into this because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check these two items

1. The cable from the PUMP with a 3-hole female connector on its end must go to the CPU_FAN header - it simply will not use Pin #4.
  2. In BIOS Setup check that header's configuration. Under the item "Fan/ Pump Control Mode" ensure it is set the PWM, and Not to Auto or Voltage. IF it has an option for "Fan/ Pump Stop", ensure it is DSIabled so the pump can NOT be stopped. When done, use Esc back to main menu, then F10 to the Exit Menu and choose to SAVE and EXIT to save your settings and reboot. These settings will ensure that the pump has full power to run full speed all the time as it is designed to do.

Blanned

Honorable
May 30, 2016
Check these two items

1. The cable from the PUMP with a 3-hole female connector on its end must go to the CPU_FAN header - it simply will not use Pin #4.
  2. In BIOS Setup check that header's configuration. Under the item "Fan/ Pump Control Mode" ensure it is set the PWM, and Not to Auto or Voltage. IF it has an option for "Fan/ Pump Stop", ensure it is DSIabled so the pump can NOT be stopped. When done, use Esc back to main menu, then F10 to the Exit Menu and choose to SAVE and EXIT to save your settings and reboot. These settings will ensure that the pump has full power to run full speed all the time as it is designed to do.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply!
Regarding #1, my motherboard has only a CPU_OPT that’s located on the top right next to CPU-FAN.
At the bottom, it also has a SYSfan1_PUMP header, which I also tried to connect to, but it was the same result.
After reading your 2nd idea, I believe I’ve already tried setting the control mode to PWM, and disabling pump stop.

However I will try again specifically with what you said about going to the back menu and saving once again tomorrow.

Thank you again !

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
As you say, your mobo has BOTH a CPU_FAN and a CPU_OPT header. Ideally they both should operate the same, but on a few mobos the better one to use for your PUMP is the CPU_FAN header. Then the rad fans can be plugged into the CPU_OPT header. BOTH headers should be configured to PWM Mode.

Blanned

Honorable
May 30, 2016
Check these two items

As you say, your mobo has BOTH a CPU_FAN and a CPU_OPT header. Ideally they both should operate the same, but on a few mobos the better one to use for your PUMP is the CPU_FAN header. Then the rad fans can be plugged into the CPU_OPT header. BOTH headers should be configured to PWM Mode.
Hi,
I’ve set the two headers to PWM mode and then saving and rebooting, but same issue even after switching the headers. At this point I’m starting to believe the pump is dead.

View: https://imgur.com/a/dhfFslp
here you can see the settings in the bios.

thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.