Question AIO pump cable

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
motherboard AB350 gaming 3 , I have two AIO water coolers the cpu AIO pump runs to sys -fan3 pump - and the fans plug in to sys fans 3 and cpu_opt , I have order the second AIO with krakeng12 for my gpu and I don't know where to plug the pump cable in ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu aio should have pump plugged to cpu_opt and fans to cpu_fan OR pump to cpu_fan, USB to USB port, fans to cpu block and power to Sata. Depending on which setup your aio uses. Either way, unless you have an odd setup there should be no reason to use sys_fan headers

Just get some fan header splitters. Whatever you do, don't hook the fans directly to the PSU. That's something we did about 15 years ago, because there were no other options. These days we have fan controllers, and splitter cables to get around the issue of not enough fan headers.

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
I am still a bit confused I have two NZXT Kraken X52, I will connect the cpu pump to cpu pump and the two fans to cpu fans ,

The second AIO for the gpu I will use sys fan , probably get a splitter box with more inputs and run the fans with it. so if the gpu pump is in sys fan can I regulate it like I can with the cpu pump from software or bios ?
also the fan from the kraken g12 is it a good idea to run this from the gpu fan inputs?