Question AIO pump connection

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Mobo is an ASUS Z390-E. Has a Corsair H100i RBG (non elite if it matters), and hooking up a Corsair Commander Pro and RGB hub.

The question. According to the manual, I should run pump to AIO connection on board and fans to CPU and CPU Alt on board. The pump has 2 fan connections for the rad fans, SATA for primary power and USB for the iCue.

Would you use the AIO and fan connections on board, OR
AIO on board and fans to pump input connections, OR
AIO and or fans all to the Commander?

I'll be using iCue for monitoring and such, so will going to the board connections or fans to pump input cause issue?

Mobo is an ASUS Z390-E. Has a Corsair H100i RBG (non elite if it matters), and hooking up a Corsair Commander Pro and RGB hub.

The question. According to the manual, I should run pump to AIO connection on board and fans to CPU and CPU Alt on board. The pump has 2 fan connections for the rad fans, SATA for primary power and USB for the iCue.

Would you use the AIO and fan connections on board, OR
AIO on board and fans to pump input connections, OR
AIO and or fans all to the Commander?

I'll be using iCue for monitoring and such, so will going to the board connections or fans to pump input cause issue?
connect the fans to sys_fan and the AIO to CPU pwm port, if there is any spare "CPU" pwm cable from the aio just plug it where ever you want

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
"According to the manual" - WHICH manual? All the CORSAIR H100i manuals I have seen do NOT say that. There are FOUR types of connections to be made from the PUMP unit of that AIO system.

1. Connect a wide plug to a SATA power output from the PSU for power.

2. Plug a single-wire line that ends in a 3-hole standard fan connector into the mobo CPU_FAN header. This sends the PUMP speed to that header so it is happy that there is CPU cooling.

3. Connect a cable from the Pump to a mobo USB2 header. This is for communication between the iCUE software running on the mobo and the AIO system.

4. Plug all your RAD FANS into connectors on a cable emerging from the PUMP - NOT to mobo fan headers! The iCUE software does ALL cooling control for your CPU, and that's where you configure cooling details and where you can observe system operations, like the speeds for the pump and rad fans. This software fully expects that the PUMP will be reporting its speed to the CPU_FAN header and that it CAN control the rad fan speeds by manipulating signals sent out of the connectors on the PUMP, not by mobo fan headers.