Question AIO Pump(fan) Showing 0 RPM in Armory Crate

CallofDaddy

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
Essentially, my system isn't picking up my AIO or any of my system fans. They all show 0 RPM when looking in Armory Crate, and they aren't recognized in the Bios.
Any fix?
LPmOU18.png

CallofDaddy

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
Which exact AIO, some like Arctic liquid freezer don't have RPM counter for pump.
It is an Arctic. Not sure which model. I also did some research of my own, and learned that where the fans are plugged in on the motherboard can affect whether or not they show rpm. The motherboard is TUF Gaming x570 Pro (Wifi).

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
It is an Arctic. Not sure which model. I also did some research of my own, and learned that where the fans are plugged in on the motherboard can affect whether or not they show rpm. The motherboard is TUF Gaming x570 Pro (Wifi).
I have that motherboard. The manual has the layout and the motherboards has great nomenclature for connecting which wires plug into the correct fan or AIO + LED's.
When all else fails read the the docs. Some do that.. LoL

My Arctic doesn't have RPM reporting or adjustable pump speed no matter how and where it's connected. My previous 240 was same. I tried connecting pump separately to AIO_PUMP, W_PUMP and CHA_FAN without results.
Right now I have pump with it's fan and all radiator fans daisy chained to CPU_FAN header but only rad fans speed is reported and adjustable.
I was also perplexed until I have seen this.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRwn-lecnk

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
My GUESS is that, UNlike most AIO system makers, Arctic decided NOT to feed the PUMP's speed signal back to its host header. Now, most pumps are supposed to run full speed all the time so that info would be of use to the USER only for interest - no speed CONTROL is required. However, that does mean that one could get into difficulty with mobo headers that need the speed signal for the Automatic option of selecting the Mode setting. More importantly, ALL CPU_FAN and AIO_PUMP headers DO need the speed signal to monitor the pump for FAILURE, so NOT having that would be a problem there. So really, do you get NO speed reading in BIOS Setup from the mobo fan header that the PUMP is plugged into when ONLY the pump is plugged in there?