Question AIO pump fans not spinning

kav1257

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
hi all, so my computer was working completely fine I tinkered with the computer case fans and lighting RGB controller via software.

Now the AIO pump fans are not spinning at all. The case fans are all working im receiving no error message the computer is working all fine. Is it normal the AIO fans stop spinning and only kick in when things get warm/hot i always assume they are constantly on. It was constantly on before hand now they not spinning at all. Their is sufficient power as it still has the RGB lights on the fans and CPU cooler and im able to change to color on those.

Any advice if this is normal or I have to change a setting?

hi all, so my computer was working completely fine I tinkered with the computer case fans and lighting RGB controller via software.

Now the AIO pump fans are not spinning at all. The case fans are all working im receiving no error message the computer is working all fine. Is it normal the AIO fans stop spinning and only kick in when things get warm/hot i always assume they are constantly on. It was constantly on before hand now they not spinning at all. Their is sufficient power as it still has the RGB lights on the fans and CPU cooler and im able to change to color on those.

How about describing your hardware in detail ?

To which headers are the fans connected to?. I use a "Y" Splitter to CPU_FAN and to be able to control in bios.

kav1257

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
How about describing your hardware in detail ?

I've managed to fix the issue, but for anyone else who may experience same issue with their system.

Hardware: Ryzen 9 12 Core
MB: Asus rog strix B550
Power supply: Asus rog 850w gold modular
Asus rog AIO CPU cooler.

Currently in my pc case I have a total of 4 corsair fans which are plugged into a Corsair commander Pro switch.
My pc was not recognising the AIO pump and starting the fans, eventually it would not load windows 10 and kept loading the bios. Showing N/A AIO cooler.

I first followed the cables on the motherboard ensuring they were all connected. I then referred to the motherboard manual and found the CPU fan connector had nothing connected. I followed the three fans on the AIO watercoooer cable and found they were connected into the Corsair commander Pro switch.

"Before the fans stopped running I recall going on the corsair software and messing around with the settings experimenting what the software each function does. Learn from experimenting i guess"

I removed the connection into the Corsair Commander Pro and plugged directly into the MB CPU fan connection.

I then turned the system back on and it booted with the fans all running, Windows 10 was not loading. The BIOS was detecting both my hard drives but was not allowing me to select them to initiate boot sequence. I did a quick youtube search after forums came back as nil result.

In the BIOS I had to locate the "CMS "settings, I could find it at first so did a search within the BIOS and came up as "Disabled" after enabling and hitting F10 key to Save+ Restart. It worked and loaded windows 10 from my hard drive.

To note in the BIOS I set all CPU fans and AIO pump to auto in voltage settings and enabled quiet mode. The system doesnt make any noise runs quietly and CPU temps around 30 degrees.

Corsair and Asus software were conflicting with each other, which caused the initial problems to arise. My advice dont use Corsair software let the motherboard control it.

Sorry for the long message just thought incase anyone experiencing the same issues or something similar.