Question AIO Pump Headers...

Feb 6, 2024
Okay so I'm really stumped (and mildly frustrated) by my inability to figure out this problem. I have a B650 Aorus Elite AX motherboard that will be used for my build tomorrow.

But I cannot figure out where the AIO pump header is supposed to go and the manual is incredibly vague. The manual can be found here: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1202_e.pdf?v=10b7e5f3fa0c69cbc4eded7b7279eeb7

On page 22 it says "SYS_FAN4_PUMP (System Fan/Water Cooling Pump Header)" which makes me think maybe this is where the AIO pump header should go, despite the header being in a weird location across the ram from the normal CPU Fan header

But then on page 23 it says "CPU_OPT (CPU Fan/Water Cooling Pump Header)" which also sounds like a perfectly viable alternative.

No where in the manual does it clearly state where to plug in your AIO pump header. Am I over thinking this? I just know it used to be if you put it in the wrong header it would read it as a fan and you'd get an CPU fan error message because obviously there is no 'fan' there but a pump instead. My gut says to use the CPU_OPT header but then I keep wondering why they would include another header that has 'PUMP' in the description. I really wanted to use this motherboard but at this point I might use the ROG Strix B650E-F I ordered because of this one issue. Anyways, really hoping you guys can help me out here.

Thanks much!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
From holy bible of PCs, page 22 and 23, there is said that both, CPU_OPT and SYS_FAN4_PUMP are rated for 2A and 24W. So, it really doesn't matter into which of the two you plug your AIO cable. Pick the one that is most convenient for you.

I just know it used to be if you put it in the wrong header it would read it as a fan and you'd get an CPU fan error message because obviously there is no 'fan' there but a pump instead.
MoBo can not tell if what you have connected is a fan or pump. What it can only tell, is the rotational speed. And the "fan failed" error will blare once MoBo detects 0 RPM, which means device failure (be it fan or pump).

Reactions: CountMike
Feb 6, 2024
From holy bible of PCs, page 22 and 23, there is said that both, CPU_OPT and SYS_FAN4_PUMP are rated for 2A and 24W. So, it really doesn't matter into which of the two you plug your AIO cable. Pick the one that is most convenient for you.

MoBo can not tell if what you have connected is a fan or pump. What it can only tell, is the rotational speed. And the "fan failed" error will blare once MoBo detects 0 RPM, which means device failure (be it fan or pump).
Good deal. Thanks man!