Question AIO pump not working at all

Sep 5, 2020
So I just bought the Kraken M22 from NZXT and the pump will not pump. I have the pump plugged into CPU_FAN and it still dosent work. Ive tried plugging it into CHA_FAN 1 and 2 but they didnt work either.
Thanks in advance

Edit 1: The motherboard does not detect the AIO existence. I get "CPU FAN ERROR" whenever I boot and the CPU fan is N/A. It does detect all my Corsair LL120's thought which are plugged into CHA_FAN 1 and 2.

Edit 2: Plugging the 3 pin connector that powers the pump anywhere ex. CPU_FAN / CHA_FAN will still make the AIO come up as NA as if it dosent exist. Alothough I can edit the rgb on it with the usb 2.0. Cam works for rgb and it knows I have a M22 Kraken but there is still no power

Specs
Prime B450a-csm
Kraken M22 Water cooler
Ryzen 2700X
MSI RTX 2070
16 gb Geil Potenza ram
600 watt PSU

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020
The motherboard does not detect the AIO existence. I get "CPU FAN ERROR" whenever I boot and the CPU fan is N/A. It does detect all my Corsair LL120's thought which are plugged into CHA_FAN 1 and 2.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The aio consists of a fan and a pump and a rad. It doesn't contain memory chips or data chips as such that a bios/windows will read, as far as bios/windows is concerned the only thing plugged in is something that'll give an rpm signal. So don't expect anything other than Cam to detect what aio you have. This is normal.

The cpu_fan header has a security feature. When the rpm/tach/sense lead is unpopulated or reads below a certain margin, it'll give you a cpu fan error. So if plugging the pump into cpu_fan and you get that error, it means the pump isn't running right. Either its dead in the water, or Cam has it set to run too slow.

Plug the fan into cpu_fan and the pump into cha_1, check the rpm for cha_1 in both Cam and bios. If that header does not read an rpm at all, then I'd RMA that aio.

I love liquid cooling, but personally find little use for that particular aio, it's quite underwhelming in performance for its price.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS