Question Aio pump not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2022
I have a corsair h150i elite capellix cooling a i7-12700k on an Asrock z690 extreme wifi 6e. My systems pump will not turn on, making the computer unusable. I have it plugged into the CPU_FAN header and I have the commander core set up right. I know the aio isn't defective because I bought another one and it had the same issue. The board doesn't detect the 3 pin connected to any fan header I tried. The pumps lights light up red and the fans spin slowly. I can't get into icue to see if the aio is detected because the computer overheats before I can get into windows. I have 6 other fans connected to a commander pro and none of them turned on when booting.

Hi
If you the option to choose ignore on your cpu fan header then you can move the 3 pin plug from the h150i to another headed and see if you get a pump rpm reading.

All that wire does is send the pump rpm,
it does Not control anything.

Have you tried without the other 6 fans connected to the Commander Core ?

Jun 11, 2022
Hi
If you the option to choose ignore on your cpu fan header then you can move the 3 pin plug from the h150i to another headed and see if you get a pump rpm reading.

All that wire does is send the pump rpm,
it does Not control anything.

Have you tried without the other 6 fans connected to the Commander Core ?
I have tried to connect to every heading I can and none of them have detected the pump. I have similar results without the other fans connected to the commander pro.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pump doesn't pull power from the cpu header, only gets rpm reading and bypass cpu warning requirements. It gets all power from the Sata connector and all communication with iCue through the USB port.

In bios, the cpu_fan should be set to pwm mode, auto usually sticks it to DC mode,

Jun 11, 2022
Pump doesn't pull power from the cpu header, only gets rpm reading and bypass cpu warning requirements. It gets all power from the Sata connector and all communication with iCue through the USB port.

In bios, the cpu_fan should be set to pwm mode, auto usually sticks it to DC mode,
That didn't do anything for me. I think there may actually be an issue with my power supply as I have begun to notice a clicking noise whenever I turn the computer on.

Jun 11, 2022
Maybe
Well it's not the fans drawing to much power on the commander as those fans draw .30A and I do believe the commanders are 1amp per channel.
How old is the Psu ?
Any chance you have a different brand Psu around and mixed the cables?
The psu is new; I bought it along with the new cooler and the other components. I tried to check with my old psu but I don't have enough cpu power cables since this board needs 2.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The pump should have nothing to do with the Commander, that's solely for the RGB of the fans, even the fan profile itself should be iCue direct via USB, fans plugged into the pump head.

Pump, aio fans, rgb is 3 totally seperate things, and should remain so.

The H150i Elite Capellix doesn't have the old style split fan lead.
The only cables coming from the pump are:
  1. 3pin single wire which is for the pump rpm signal.
  2. a narrow multi plug that plugs into the Commander.
Fans are pluged into the Commander for lighting and pwm control.

Status
Not open for further replies.