AIO pump not working?

Patrick13633

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Hello, I have powered on my rig recently and noticed that the aio pump is either not working or not doing much. My temps were hitting 94˚ in desktop/idle and only the cpu block seemed hot. I have applied thermal paste (good one at that arctic mx-4) and removed the pre-applied sticker and thermal paste) (I am quite sure it is the pump's issue) the rad fans are spinning but I am not sure if I connected the pump properly (currently in 4-pin connector whilst it is only a 3-pin header at aio_pump). I can't seem to hear the pump but that might be because of the case fans spinning very loudly because of the cpu overheating. I have tested the pump before (like 3 months ago (the pump worked)) and it has been laying around since then. Could someone please help me with troubleshooting the issue?

Solution

mtracy1991

Reputable

Is it under warranty? Sounds like its shot. Regardless if its plugged into a 4-pin header, it will still work. Unfortunate that this has happened, but use a CPU fan until you can purchase a new one. If its still under warranty, call up the vendor and get an RMA going.

Solution