Question AIO pump vs cpu fan header on Asus Z390 gaming E

Jan 26, 2021
I am building my first PC. I am using the Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming-E mobo and a Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO cooler. The board has a cpu_opt header, cpu_fan header and an aio_pump header. The small 40mmx40mm fan provided with the board is plugged into cpu_opt per the illustration in the manual. The AIO has the RGB wire attached to my one of my TT fan controllers and the other wire attached to the AIO_PUMP header. The cpu_fan header is not being used currently. When I turned on the system to test it, I got an error saying I had no cpu fan detected. Will this be a problem? Should I put the small 40x40 fan in the cpu_fan header instead of the opt header? How would I know if the AIO pump was not pumping? I was relieved that everything seems to work and it posted; I had already done 80% of the work installing parts and cable-managing. Thanks.

I am building my first PC. I am using the Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming-E mobo and a Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO cooler. The board has a cpu_opt header, cpu_fan header and an aio_pump header. The small 40mmx40mm fan provided with the board is plugged into cpu_opt per the illustration in the manual. The AIO has the RGB wire attached to my one of my TT fan controllers and the other wire attached to the AIO_PUMP header. The cpu_fan header is not being used currently. When I turned on the system to test it, I got an error saying I had no cpu fan detected. Will this be a problem? Should I put the small 40x40 fan in the cpu_fan header instead of the opt header? How would I know if the AIO pump was not pumping? I was relieved that everything seems to work and it posted; I had already done 80% of the work installing parts and cable-managing. Thanks.
You must have some fan connected to CPU_FAN header. AIO_PUMP header is ovoiously for pump but radiator fan(s) should be connected to CPU_FAN and OPT_FAN

Jan 26, 2021
You must have some fan connected to CPU_FAN header. AIO_PUMP header is ovoiously for pump but radiator fan(s) should be connected to CPU_FAN and OPT_FAN
So my radiator fans are currently attached to one of three Thermaltake fan controllers which will be controlled by Thermaltake's RGB+ fan controller software. One end of the three daisy-chained controllers is attached to a cable that plugs into a USB 2.0 header on my mobo. They are not pwm fans; they are molex driven. Each fan has it's own jack on one of the controllers. And apparently since the pump's rgb wire is attached to one of the controllers, I assume the pump speed is controlled by TT RGB software. Yes? The video i saw on YouTube about how to set up this AIO said to attach the other wire to the cpu_fan header. But I don't know if he had a dedicated aio header. Can I plug the small 40x40 fan into the cpu_fan header just to get a boot? If I use the cpu_fan header instead of the AIO header, will my pump speed be controlled by my mobo's bios or by the TT software? I saw a similar thread here about this subject here but it wasn't an exact answer.

So my radiator fans are currently attached to one of three Thermaltake fan controllers which will be controlled by Thermaltake's RGB+ fan controller software. One end of the three daisy-chained controllers is attached to a cable that plugs into a USB 2.0 header on my mobo. They are not pwm fans; they are molex driven. Each fan has it's own jack on one of the controllers. And apparently since the pump's rgb wire is attached to one of the controllers, I assume the pump speed is controlled by TT RGB software. Yes? The video i saw on YouTube about how to set up this AIO said to attach the other wire to the cpu_fan header. But I don't know if he had a dedicated aio header. Can I plug the small 40x40 fan into the cpu_fan header just to get a boot? If I use the cpu_fan header instead of the AIO header, will my pump speed be controlled by my mobo's bios or by the TT software? I saw a similar thread here about this subject here but it wasn't an exact answer.
Controller itself should get signal from and to CPU_FAN header because that one is providing CPU temperature so fans can be regulated by it.

Jan 26, 2021
CountMike, thanks for all your help. I plugged the wire from the pump that was plugged into the AIO_fan heaader and plugged it into the cpu_fan header. So now the cpu_fan header is connected to the pump and the pump is connected by its other wire to one of the TT fan controllers. I powered up the system and now it boots correctly and brings me to the bios (don't heve windows installed yet.) instead of giving me a hardware failure error. Under this setup, will my fans be controlled by the bios or the TT software or a combination of both? From your previous statement, it sounds like it would be the bios that is controlling them. For reference this is the YouTube video I referenced about how to set up this Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 cooler. If you want to watch it, you can probably start at the 5:00 mark or several seconds before it. It's about 30 minutes total.