[SOLVED] AIO Question

Sep 28, 2020
I got a corsair h150i pro xt and I'm not exactly sure where to plug the 3 pin connector to.

The motherboard has a dedicated AIO place to plug into, so do I plug my AIO into that one or the cpu fan?

Last edited:
Solution
If the plug has just 1 single wire to that 3 pin connector then it is the same as my H110i.
That wire is a tach / sense wire for the pump rpm and has no control function.

Depending on your mobo you may get a Cpu fan error on boot up as I did on a Asus rog strix x470 f gaming even though the directions say to hook to the cpu fan header.
I had to choose ignore that fan header.

Another way around that is to plug it into the Aio pump header and plug your rear exhaust fan or another fan into the cpu fan header.
Then use your mobo bios to control the fan speeds of that fan.
Sep 28, 2020
Corsair has an icue program that monitors fan speed, the thing is though, I forgot to plug in the 3 pin thing and it's functioning and wasn't sure if it should be plugged into the AIO_PUMP or CPU_FAN. I think it controls the pump since the fans are separate.

Reactions: Praise_dancer24/7
If the plug has just 1 single wire to that 3 pin connector then it is the same as my H110i.
That wire is a tach / sense wire for the pump rpm and has no control function.

Depending on your mobo you may get a Cpu fan error on boot up as I did on a Asus rog strix x470 f gaming even though the directions say to hook to the cpu fan header.
I had to choose ignore that fan header.

Another way around that is to plug it into the Aio pump header and plug your rear exhaust fan or another fan into the cpu fan header.
Then use your mobo bios to control the fan speeds of that fan.

Solution
Sep 28, 2020
Yeah, it's just a 3 pin connector with 1 wire. I guess that makes sense because I had to ignore the cpu fan error to boot up and everything else functioned normally. Plugging it in practically made no difference.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The difference is in the motherboard. Almost all motherboards have some sort of system to safeguard the cpu from instant thermal shutdown/damage. If the cpu detects low rpm limits or 0 rpm, it'll think there's a cooler failure and send you a warning/shut the pc down.

Apart from some bios ability to over ride that safeguard, the only way to avoid that is to populate the cpu_fan header with a motor, (fan or pump) that has rpm readings.

Your motherboard is an 'all in one'. It's not built specifically for just your setup. So it has the ability to operate several different options. Some aios you connect the pump to aio header and the fan to cpu_fan. No USB, no Sata. Some you do the same, but also has usb/Sata power. Some you ignore aio header and just use cpu_fan, USB, Sata. Some (like mine) has rad1 fans on cpu_fan, ddc pump on aio, rad2 fans on cha_fan header.

You don't have to use any single header except (in most cases) cpu_fan.