Question AIO Rear Mount Intake?

GeekyOne

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
My Corsair AIO H60 AIO recommends mounting the radiator to the rear of the case, then the fan to that as an intake (as does https://hardwaresecrets.com/which-is-the-best-configuration-for-120-mm-liquid-cooling-fans/). Should I then relocate my rear case fan to the front and also orient the (other) front case fan as an exhaust? My case is an Antec P7 Silent that does not have any top fans, but space for . This would be the reverse configuration to the intake from the front and exhaust to the upper rear. I can't see having 3 intake fans with no exhaust, so this seems like the best solution as the pump hose does not seem long enough to mount the radiator to the front of the case. Or should I orient the AIO fan in an exhaust position (which the previous study showed 3 degrees C higher temperature and keep the traditional case flow front to rear?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If I read the info on that case correctly, there is no opening on the top for any fan - only the single rear spot and two at front. I'd suggest placing the H60 system in the rear position as exhaust, and moving the old rear fan to front, keeping both the front fans as intakes.

GeekyOne

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
The pump tubes were long enough to mount the radiator and fan to the front of the case as an intake; however the radiator extends too far down to retain the case front intake fan. I'm going to run this configuration and monitor the temps. Interestingly, System Profiler on Linux doesn't display CPU temps for Ryzen 5600X, but it does display temps for the GPU and NVME SSD. It does show all the core temps on an old i3, but not the GPU in that box.