[SOLVED] AIO recommendation

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Hi
I need a recommendation for cooling a 5ghz 9900kf.
I found a H115i hydro in second hand, was wondering if it will be enough, or ill need the h150i.

Pc case; antec p120 crystal
Motherboard: z390 aorus pro

Solution
The Kraken X73 and Z73 you listed? That's 2 and 3.

Is the icue h150 pro xt is the best option out of the list?
IF you care about price to performance. The Galahad is right there with it too, so that's 2 options.
The others are worse in this category.

Looking at performance only? Then all of them, save for the Masterliquid ML360P.
A lot of options here, I know - the difference between them is that small. Pick based on looks.

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
You personally know the person who's selling this? This is generally a bad idea.

Which one?
Pro XT: the performance model. The one you're going to want.
Pro: the low noise model. Not the one you want, as it serves a different purpose. It performs on par with 240mm performance units.
Alright thanks i guess ill go for the icue h150 pro xt

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
5ghz all cores, hopefully.
So the icue h150i is the best option?

Best option....out of these 2? I guess. THe H115i is a 280mm and the H150i is a 360. The 360 is still slightly larger, but don't confuse a 280 rad with a 240 rad.

1. do you know how long or how much the used cooler has been utilized?
  2. why is the H150i the only other option you have?

But neither are the best option overall.

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Best option....out of these 2? I guess. THe H115i is a 280mm and the H150i is a 360. The 360 is still slightly larger, but don't confuse a 280 rad with a 240 rad.

1. do you know how long or how much the used cooler has been utilized?
  2. why is the H150i the only other option you have?
But neither are the best option overall.
I won't be buying that h115i hydro.
I'll go for a 360 AIO.
Which are the best options in the market?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The options available to me are:
Icue h150i pro xt
Nzxt x73/z73
Asus strix lc 360 white edition
Aorus 360
Coolermaster ml360p
Lian li galahad
1: It's ok.
2: Gonna be similar in performance to #1, but it costs more. There's still the aesthetics, I guess.
3: Is exactly #2 with some extra aesthetic fluff included - even higher price, thus even worse value.
4: Asus knew they could snag some ROG suckers here... and they succeeded. Average performance with Asus ROG Tax added. OUCH.
5: Same boat as #4. Heck, the OEM for both of them is Asetek - just equipped with different fans.
6: Going by the Tomshardware review, this looks to be on par with performance 280mm units. There was a greater focus on quieter fans here. Also in the same boat as 3, 4, and 5 in the price/value department.
7: Average performer, and the price isn't a kick in the teeth. It's ok, just like #1.

That's my 2 cents on them. rubix_1011 may have even further insight.

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
1: It's ok.
2: Gonna be similar in performance to #1, but it costs more. There's still the aesthetics, I guess.
3: Is exactly #2 with some extra aesthetic fluff included - even higher price, thus even worse value.
4: Asus knew they could snag some ROG suckers here... and they succeeded. Average performance with Asus ROG Tax added. OUCH.
5: Same boat as #4. Heck, the OEM for both of them is Asetek - just equipped with different fans.
6: Going by the Tomshardware review, this looks to be on par with performance 280mm units. There was a greater focus on quieter fans here. Also in the same boat as 3, 4, and 5 in the price/value department.
7: Average performer, and the price isn't a kick in the teeth. It's ok, just like #1.

That's my 2 cents on them. rubix_1011 may have even further insight.
Thanks for the info but I'm a little confused.
I gave 6 options you rated 7. So which is which?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

IF you care about price to performance. The Galahad is right there with it too, so that's 2 options.

Looking at performance only? Then all of them, save for the Masterliquid ML360P.
A lot of options here, I know - the difference between them is that small. Pick based on looks.

Solution

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020

I think ill go for the galahad then, by far better price and looks kinda good.

Thanks a lot for all the info you're a gem! ;p