[SOLVED] AIO stopped working after fan replacement

karol.luszczek

Commendable
Sep 2, 2018
Hi there! I have just replaced stock fans on my H100i v2 with an unpleasant surprise of having 70C degrees on iddle. After going back to prior fans I also have 70 degrees. AIO was not unmounted from the CPU. I did however vacuum cleaned gently the radiator but electrical inteference was in my opinion unlikely. Do you know what might be going on here? Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
Hi there! I have just replaced stock fans on my H100i v2 with an unpleasant surprise of having 70C degrees on iddle. After going back to prior fans I also have 70 degrees. AIO was not unmounted from the CPU. I did however vacuum cleaned gently the radiator but electrical inteference was in my opinion unlikely. Do you know what might be going on here? Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you done it carefully? Because the only explanation is that the heatsinks have separated and do not make contact, hence the high temperature.

karol.luszczek

Commendable
Sep 2, 2018
Motherboard & processor ?
Why were fans replaced?
Cooler was removed and twisted a bit, but cpu block was left on?
With info supplied I would guess the mount for the CPU got dislodged or moved. Remove - repaste - reattach.
8086k and asrock tai chi mobo. I only moved the radiator. Block should sit like really tight on the CPU right? No particular reason for fan upgrade, AIO was working properly before.

Nov 18, 2020

Have you done it carefully? Because the only explanation is that the heatsinks have separated and do not make contact, hence the high temperature.

Solution