[SOLVED] AIO water cooling for Intel i5-11400 cpu/ASUS TUF Gaming Z590 Plus Wifi Motherboard

Peter_249

Honorable
May 29, 2017
I want to install an AIO water cooling system to my PC. My heatsink and fan do not seem to be doing a good job lately. It is a CRYORIG M9

The case is a Cooler Master Masterbox E501L mid tower.
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Z590 Plus Wifi ATX
CPU: Intel 15-11400. Socket 1200

I don't need or want coloured lights etc. My case is black without any side windows. Lights will just be superfluous and annoying.

I want a system that comes with all the components needed including Back plate/screws etc

Obviously, I am looking for something quiet and reliable, that will keep the cpu cool. A lot of reviews mention noisy fans, and fans that fail after a short time!

I would like to spend no more than US$100 if possible

Recommendations please. Thanks

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What temperatures are you seeing? I think that would do a decent job if you've left the power limits intact. Have you checked the mount?

Common recommendation for a 240mm radiator would be something like the Kraken X53 if you want the best quality, that is $120. There are dozens of 240mm radiators cheaper than that, even a few from Cryorig. Cooler Master is a popular choice, and at those price points, you could just buy two fans of your choice.

RGB is very popular on the low end, so they pretty much all have it.

Last edited:

Peter_249

Honorable
May 29, 2017
What temperatures are you seeing? I think that would do a decent job if you've left the power limits intact. Have you checked the mount?

Common recommendation for a 240mm radiator would be something like the Kraken X53 if you want the best quality, that is $120. There are dozens of 240mm radiators cheaper than that, even a few from Cryorig. Cooler Master is a popular choice, and at those price points, you could just buy two fans of your choice.

RGB is very popular on the low end, so they pretty much all have it.
Thank you. I had forgotten that when I installed Windows 11 BETA I had updated the BIOS to the latest version. It had turned the ASUS Multi Core Enhancement back on (which I had deliberately disabled). With MCE enabled the cpu was reaching mid 90's. Now with MCE disabled it reaches high 60's. However the CPU benchmark has dropped from around 18200 to 16700. But I would rather have a cool CPU than the extra speed.

Peter_249

Honorable
May 29, 2017
Thank you. I had forgotten that when I installed Windows 11 BETA I had updated the BIOS to the latest version. It had turned the ASUS Multi Core Enhancement back on (which I had deliberately disabled). With MCE enabled the cpu was reaching mid 90's. Now with MCE disabled it reaches high 60's. However the CPU benchmark has dropped from around 18200 to 16700. But I would rather have a cool CPU than the extra speed.
What is the difference between "CPU" and "CPU Package" when viewing reported temperatures?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just different thermal sensors. One is near the CPU cores, the other is more generalized and is for the overall silicon package. Depending on Intel specs, either one can throttle the system.

May also be a CPU Socket temperature from the motherboard.

What is your temperature at idle?
I would expect to see 10-15c. over ambient.
The bios should tell you.
Much higher, and the cooler is probably mounted badly.

If you want a cooler replacement, look at the noctua NH-U12s.
It is efficient, quiet, and has the easiest mounting system around.
All necessary parts come.
https://www.newegg.com/noctua-nh-u12s/p/N82E16835608040?Item=9SIAADY44C5851

Avoid an AIO, it fails on so many fronts.

Solution