Aio water cooling pump making buzzing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2018
Hi i need some help i just bought a masterliquid ml240l rgb cooling about 2 days ago installed it and i was getting about 30-33°C on idle and about 45-48°C when playing games just now i heard the pump making a loud buzzing noise dont know what is happening can someone tell me what is wrong and what to do here is the video i made https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ah8JHgBopc

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Nobody can say for sure.

If there's truly a problem with the pump, you could end up overheating etc (if you're not already).

Since you just bought it, you're under warranty - and if shaking the rad a bit to fix any bubbles doesn't fix the issue, I'd RMA it.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

For now....

I'm not trying to scare you, but why would you risk a cooler failing on you.... when it's new, and you have the option to return/RMA it for one that does not appear to have a blatant issue*?

*Although I'd definitely give the rad a shake to try to remove any air bubbles built up.

Jun 25, 2018
I just found out something strange when i play far cry 5 for about 10min the noise stops but when i start watching youtube it starts buzzing again also i turned off the pump and the buzzing stopped any ideas why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.