Question Aio with lcd

Aug 20, 2022
what’s the best aio cooler with an LCD screen?
Z73 or i150 elite? don’t mind eithers looks.

I’ve seen other people use the Corsair lcd upgrade kit on non Corsair aios , any idea on which would take it?

Also I will most likely swap the fans they come with.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There isn't one, because what you get will be decided by the fans used and personal fan curves; performance below 100% isn't linear.
The pumps on these things are more or less the bloody same.

Pick which has the flashiest display to you. Here's a few more to add to your list:
Asus Ryujin II
Msi MEG Coreliquid S(MEG is not made by the same company that did the MAG and MPG, no worries there)
Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce X

Aug 20, 2022
There isn't one, because what you get will be decided by the fans used and personal fan curves; performance below 100% isn't linear.
The pumps on these things are more or less the bloody same.

Pick which has the flashiest display to you. Here's a few more to add to your list:
Asus Ryujin II
Msi MEG Coreliquid S(MEG is not made by the same company that did the MAG and MPG, no worries there)
Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce X

I just want one that will last , Also that I can play gifs on the lcd screen 😅

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Which one do you think is the best bang for the buck?
Best bang for the buck??? None of them are what I'd consider BFTB, but... are the prices the same for you? Looking at US partpicker:
Kraken Z73: $253+
RGB White version: $304+
RGB Black version: $304+

H150i Elite LCD: $259+

Ryujin II: $301+, though the cheaper offers are out of stock at the moment...

MEG Coreliquid S: $249+

Aorus Waterforce X: $249+

Kraken Z73, H150i LCD, MEG S, and Waterforce X are all pretty close to one another, depending on where you shop.
I'm a sucker for Msi's dragon motif... it does have the 2nd largest screen going for it too...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I know none of the lcd options are cheap , I guess I’m just trying to get one that will last me.
I get you, but they're all pretty much tied on longevity. If they don't succumb to mechanical or biological failure first, then chemical failure will - corrosion, because they're mixed metal coolers(copper cold plate+aluminum radiator).
They're finite no matter how you go about it.

Are those prices the same for you? 'Cause I'm leaning more towards the MEG Coreliquid S.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes they are the same. I’ll look into the meg a little more. But right now I think it’s either the z73 or h150
I wish their software was optional. Out of all the coolers that are discussed, Corsair and NZXT come up the most - not because of quality, but because the mandatory software adds complexity for how their coolers should be connected.
It throws people new to AIO/CLCs for a loop.

Aug 20, 2022
I wish their software was optional. Out of all the coolers that are discussed, Corsair and NZXT come up the most - not because of quality, but because the mandatory software adds complexity for how their coolers should be connected.
It throws people new to AIO/CLCs for a loop.

mannn seeing mixed reviews on the meg aio . Lol
The ryu 2 looks good but it’s def more expensive!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
mannn seeing mixed reviews on the meg aio . Lol
The ryu 2 looks good but it’s def more expensive!
Ownership reviews, or 1 day reviews?

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1....html#Introduction-Specifications-and-Pricing

Those are rather positive about it.

Yeah, if you have no loyalties towards ROG, the only thing it's got going for it is that it currently offers the largest LCD display.