[SOLVED] Aio's and asus fan xpert4

Apr 9, 2020
Hej forum

I am considering getting an aio for my system.
got a asus x570 motherboard, and i really like having 1 program to controle all my cooling.
And i really love fan xpert4.
Atm i use a Noctura d15 but considering getting an aio just for the looks...
All aio's but fractal design comes with some kind of software to controle it, do i HAVE to use the software that comes with the aio or can i just use the fan xpert4 for any aio or do i have to buy the asus ryujin to be able to run it and controle the aio true fan xpert4.
Did see some review with a dude testing the asus ryujin 360 without a asus motherboard and he coulden change the speed of the pump ect, becourse he coulden install asus Aisuite since he diden have an asus motherboard.

Solution
Man, I'd just replace the fans with the newer Noctua chromax.black.swap or iPPC industrial fans. They are much better looking, and if you went with the iPPC industrial fans, you could even increase the performance from what it has with the stock fans.

Would cost you around fifty bucks, but that's a LOT cheaper than the cost of any of those AIO coolers. Plus, anything that requires CAM to run, should not be considered for use. It is rotten, to the core. No joke.

https://support.camwebapp.com/forum...s/19538782-fully-offline-mode-for-cam-privacy

To the best of my knowledge, and I am a rather vehement poster in that thread, nothing to date has changed in that regard. And even if the privacy issues were...
That completely depends on the AIO in question. Some require that you use their software, and others, even today, might either be used either way or actually don't include any software and must be used with the BIOS or desktop utility that is specific to your motherboard's fan header controls.

In truth, you'd have to get a pretty damn good AIO to best the performance of that D15. The Corsair H100i pro XT for example, beats it by one degree, and probably not consistently. That's a 240mm cooler.

The H115i Pro XT beats it by 3 degrees, which is a very small improvement for a 140 dollar investment. Of course, if aesthetics ONLY are the consideration, then more power to you.

As for the controls, so long as the pump connects to a fan header and the fans have three or four pin common fan header connections, rather than any of them connecting solely to SATA or USB connections, then it can probably be run directly off the BIOS or desktop utility fan controls.

Apr 9, 2020
Hey thank you for the feedback

About the aio's i have 3 in mind..
Asus ryujin 360
Kraken z73 comes with that CAM software.
Corsair i150 pro XT Also comes with software.

And I know i have a great cooler but its the old ugly version :) but MUST say my computer is near silent with the noctura d15 and i really like how it preforms. Have like average 62c playing games on silent mode in fan xpert4 and like max out on 78c running cinebench r20 with a ryzen x3700..

Man, I'd just replace the fans with the newer Noctua chromax.black.swap or iPPC industrial fans. They are much better looking, and if you went with the iPPC industrial fans, you could even increase the performance from what it has with the stock fans.

Would cost you around fifty bucks, but that's a LOT cheaper than the cost of any of those AIO coolers. Plus, anything that requires CAM to run, should not be considered for use. It is rotten, to the core. No joke.

https://support.camwebapp.com/forum...s/19538782-fully-offline-mode-for-cam-privacy

To the best of my knowledge, and I am a rather vehement poster in that thread, nothing to date has changed in that regard. And even if the privacy issues were resolved, it is STILL a buggy piece of crap. I have several NZXT products including a couple of Hue+ units and a Grid+ V2 that are useless to me without the CAM software, but which I won't use anymore. So my advice would be to avoid those CAM based products.

The iCue products, so far, I haven't seen any major issues with. Corsair does however leave the option to use it without the iCue software, but I'm not sure it will work with your desktop fan control utility. It should however work fine with the fan xpert utility in the BIOS. You would just have to try it with the desktop utility to see if it will work. I don't know why it wouldn't, but as with all things, you just never know.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=183541&t=183541

The ASUS cooler, I'd avoid. At the price of that unit, you could probably build a custom loop with much better performance. Every review of that unit has at least one or two highly discouraging negatives to point out that are probably deal breakers for most people.

Solution