Air conditioner fan turns off after 20 minutes or so while active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theminecraftaddict555

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
While my Air conditioner is turned on, after 20 minutes or so, the AC stops making the fan sound that every AC makes but it doesn't turn off and the lights on my AC is still on indicating that its still working but the fans just stop running.....Then when I press the fan mode back to energy saver it turns on again but then after 20 minutes the fans turn off and stop working and then I change it back to "cool" and it does the same thing.

Specs of Air conditioner: http://www.kenmore.com/kenmore-12-000-btu-room-air-conditioner/p-04270121000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Wolfshadw

Titan
That depends on the model of your air conditioner and how handy you are. I'm fairly handy, but could not figure out how to fix my AC unit whose thermostat failed. Depending on the size needed, it may actually be cheaper to purchase a new one. Unless the manufacturer is paying, you certainly do not want to try and ship one.

-Wolf sends

Dec 20, 2019
Hello. It really upsets me when something breaks in the house. First, it takes time when you're trying to fix a problem. Secondly, it is a waste of money on repairing service or purchase of new equipment. In that case, I always choose to call repairing service to have them fix everything that is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.