[SOLVED] Air conditioning moisture effect on PC?

Hi
I am new at PCs and I just built a PC and it's kept in my bedroom, I live in a hotter area (around 40°C in summers) so I have to leave the air conditioning on all night. This causes my floor and other objects in my room to have moisture deposits on them in the morning, like the floor becomes slippery and all, and I cannot keep my PC on all night because we also have electricity issues sometimes. I have been covering my PC and monitor with a thick cloth during the nights since a couple weeks to stop moisture from getting in there. Is there a more viable alternative, because this seems kinda stupid but also might work, but again I'm concerned about static electricity? Will my parts be damaged if I don't cover the PC in the long run? Pls help and provide some input!

Solution
So I noticed the filters were pretty dirty, ive cleaned those and I also saw on the internet that lower fan speed can help decrease humidity faster, I'll try that tonight and see what happens, thanks!

Yeah, moisture should be draining out of the air conditioner somewhere, whether it's a box or central air. Like in the furnace/ac area of my laundry room, you'll water running out through the drain from the air conditioner.

Essentially, when air hits the cold evaporator coil, humidity will condense on the coil and then drain from there.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Just make sure it's a lint-free cloth over it.

I'd be more concerned about the air conditioning problem. A proper functioning air conditioner should be removing moisture from the environment, not leaving moisture deposits. That suggests an improperly installed air conditioner system or one that's oversized for the area (shorter cycling so it cools down the room to the target temperature before removing moisture).

I'd be more concerned about the air conditioning problem. A proper functioning air conditioner should be removing moisture from the environment, not leaving moisture deposits. That suggests an improperly installed air conditioner system or one that's oversized for the area (shorter cycling so it cools down the room to the target temperature before removing moisture).
So I noticed the filters were pretty dirty, ive cleaned those and I also saw on the internet that lower fan speed can help decrease humidity faster, I'll try that tonight and see what happens, thanks!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Yeah, moisture should be draining out of the air conditioner somewhere, whether it's a box or central air. Like in the furnace/ac area of my laundry room, you'll water running out through the drain from the air conditioner.

Essentially, when air hits the cold evaporator coil, humidity will condense on the coil and then drain from there.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution

Sorry to necro this thread, but I realized that the AC, after turning off, and external temperatures setting in through the window or the door, caused this moisture deposit problem. The humidity kind of rushes in once the AC is turned off