Air cooler or water cooler?

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
hey guys!

I have a i5-3570 (non-k) and after my recent upgrades of a new mobo and more RAM CPUID is showingg my CPU temp to run from 40-46c at idle and a max of 70c under load.
i'm currently using the Intel stock cooler, but I want an upgrade, but i'm not sure as to what to get in my case, noise isn't so much of a problem also :p

I'm open to all closed water coolers, although my budget is pretty low. :/

Specs:

NZXT phantom 410
i5-3570
asus sabertooth z77 (w/ thermal armor)
corsair vengeance (4x8) 32GB
Sapphire 7950

thank you in advance :D

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I would go with Air Cooled with your spec/requirements, it will cost less as well. Water cooling is only really required when overclocking and as you don't have a K version of the i5, you won't be doing that. Your temps are not that bad with stock cooler, happily run at those temps for a long time but if you are looking at pushing your CPU harder (gaming/CAD/etc) then upgrade your cooler.

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

I do plan on upgrading my CPU to the new haswells when they come out(most likely be the K version) , and I also plan on doing some serious video editing and rendering and maybe some animations.

should I just get the cooler master, or shoot for the future and buy a water cooler?

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Sorry for my rather late reply.

I would still for for Air Cooled as you have no need for Water Cooling unless you plan on overclocking your CPU!? Even though you plan to do some video editing and animations, you still have no need for Water Cooling but if the price is not much different, then go with water cooling otherwise air cooling will be fine!