[SOLVED] Air Cooler Recommendations

Zack Brown

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
i7-6700K @ 4.00 GHz
NZXT H440
Asus Z170-A

My Corsair Hydro H110i is no longer working properly, I decided to replace it with an air cooler.

Due to quarantine I can only choose from the following coolers as they're the ones available in my area and I need one urgently.
  • Be Quiet Pure Rock
  • Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim
  • Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP
  • Be Quiet Shadow Rock Slim
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB
  • Cooler Master MA410M TUF RGB
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX 400
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX GT
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX GTE
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX 300R
  • Raijintek AIDOS
  • Raijintek MYA RBW
I'm looking for silent and good performance. Additionally, I could wait a little longer and order either a Dark Rock Pro 4/Dark Rock Pro TR4/Dark Rock 4/Dark Rock TF. Would it be worth it?

Last edited:
Solution
As long as the DRP4 physically fits inside the case, it's a matter of preference. The LPX will be fine either way. The DRP4 is the stronger of the 2 coolers, has a higher capacity, the TF has less clearance issues, stronger VRM/socket cooling. Some prefer the downdraft fan looks, some just feel better about giant twin towers.

Both will do a good job of cooling a cpu, it's more of a matter of which fits your wants/needs/priorities/aesthetics and less about performance.

There's minimal differences between a NH-D15 and a DRP4, but some will insist on that 3°C performance edge, and could care less about looks, and some will insist on the build fitting darkness of the DRP4 when faced with Noctua brown/tan signiture colors.

So your...

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
i7-6700K @ 4.00 GHz
NZXT H400
Asus Z170-A

My Corsair Hydro H110i is no longer working properly, I decided to replace it with an air cooler.

Due to quarantine I can only choose from the following coolers as they're the ones available in my area and I need one urgently.
  • Be Quiet Pure Rock
  • Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim
  • Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP
  • Be Quiet Shadow Rock Slim
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB
  • Cooler Master MA410M TUF RGB
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX 400
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX GT
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX GTE
  • Deepcool GAMMAXX 300R
  • Raijintek AIDOS
  • Raijintek MYA RBW
I'm looking for silent and good performance. Additionally, I could wait a little longer and order either a Dark Rock Pro 4/Dark Rock Pro TR4/Dark Rock 4/Dark Rock TF. Would it be worth it?
I’d get the biggest one you can and if you can wait to order I’d go with a noctua nh d15 or something to that caliber if you want ultimate silence and good cooling

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Those are all budget coolers, they'd be nothing more than a bandaid fix. Your looking at 92mm coolers for an i7? Low profile 65w coolers?

Wait. DR Pro 4, DR TF are 200w+ coolers, a 1 time buy.

Is your Corsair still under warranty? Historically Corsair has been excellent with me and many others when it comes to AIO warranty.

Zack Brown

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Those are all budget coolers, they'd be nothing more than a bandaid fix. Your looking at 92mm coolers for an i7? Low profile 65w coolers?

Wait. DR Pro 4, DR TF are 200w+ coolers, a 1 time buy.

Is your Corsair still under warranty? Historically Corsair has been excellent with me and many others when it comes to AIO warranty.

I've decided to order either the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Dark Rock TF since they're the quickest to arrive. Which one do you recommend? Keeping in mind case/RAM restrictions. I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 MHz sticks.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
As long as the DRP4 physically fits inside the case, it's a matter of preference. The LPX will be fine either way. The DRP4 is the stronger of the 2 coolers, has a higher capacity, the TF has less clearance issues, stronger VRM/socket cooling. Some prefer the downdraft fan looks, some just feel better about giant twin towers.

Both will do a good job of cooling a cpu, it's more of a matter of which fits your wants/needs/priorities/aesthetics and less about performance.

There's minimal differences between a NH-D15 and a DRP4, but some will insist on that 3°C performance edge, and could care less about looks, and some will insist on the build fitting darkness of the DRP4 when faced with Noctua brown/tan signiture colors.

So your choice is good either way to the cpu, I prefer the looks of the TF to the 'brick' DRP4 and it's downdraft cooling, but thats me, not you.

You can find plenty of pictures online of either, in completed builds.

Solution

Zack Brown

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016

So your choice is good either way to the cpu, I prefer the looks of the TF to the 'brick' DRP4 and it's downdraft cooling, but thats me, not you.

You can find plenty of pictures online of either, in completed builds.

I'm going with the DRP4, cheers!