Air cooler suggestion for i7-3770/LGA 1155/regular size tower

RopeWalker

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hi,

Can you please suggest me an air cooler for my HP desktop (Model: HPE h9-1215t Phoenix) which has the following config;

Intel Core i7-3770 (Ivy Bridge) (77W) 3.4 GHz
    Socket Type: LGA 1155 (Socket-H2)
    Motherboard: IPMMB-FM (Formosa)
    Regular-sized PC tower measuring 16.22 by 6.89 by 16.34 inches (HWD)

Tower/Case is not that big, so bigger air coolers doesn't looks like an option. I already tried fitting the following with no luck -_- ;

Hyper 212 EVO (Did not fit due to height factor)
    GeminII S524 Ver.2 (Did not fit due to width factor)

Liquid cooler doesn't looks like an option, because tower/case is compatible to coolers with radiator size 92mm only. The only liquid cooler which I found with this spec is the OEM liquid cooler that came with the system "Asetek 545lc", but its too noisy and I would prefer not to go back to this again.

Please help suggesting a replacement air cooler which would be easy to install and would not require to remove the motherboard from the case.

Thanks

RopeWalker

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

Thanks for your reply. I just checked the Cryorig H7 install videos. Looks like we should remove the motherboard so that the back plate can be installed. My PC's motherboard already has a back plate mounted on which the previous OEM liquid cooler "Asetek 545lc" was mounted. So regardless of any air cooler - I should replace the previously installed back plate with the one that comes with the new air cooler - isn't it? Please correct me if I am wrong.

TRENDING THREADS