[SOLVED] Air Cooling advice - Price - Lian Li O11 PC Case vs NZXT H510 Elite Black

Jan 25, 2021
Hello again. I want to buy a pc case for my AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, i want good temperatures (no overclocking yet)

I'm between Lian Li O11 PC Case and NZXT H510 Elite Black. My question is this, the Lian costs 130 euros and the NZXT 170euros. But the Lian has no fans included. My question is this, will i exceed the budget of 200 euros if I include Lian's fans in it? Is Lian still profitable financially with the extra fans?
What fans should i buy to cool down the Ryzen 9 3900x well and be budget friendly (not to exceed 200 euros total FANS +CASE) (do I need any extra cables?), is the NTX included fans (2 Aer RGB 2 fans) good for Ryzen 9 3900x or do you have to buy other, better fans? Inside the box there will be a geforce1060 graphics card (rtx3080 will be purchased later) and 3 ssd.

This pc is for gaming and photoshop. I really need your advice because i am completely clueless! Thanks!

Solution
I agree (once you add a couple of intakes)

The issue there is that you're then close to the price of the lancool 2 mesh performance which is just a better case overall (and better looking imo).

That said there are dozens of cases that are way better than the original solid fronted ones listed. They're just aesthetics over function which is always a bad idea with high powered components
I agree,Lancool II mesh is really really good.
I personally like the 4000D Airflow,it doesnt have as good airflow as Lancool II mesh does,but it has enough not to be problematic.
I have this case,absotelly 0 complaints.
Comes with a fan hub,4 rgb fans,dust filters on all fans (including psu) and all of that for 70$.
Although im running a...
Jan 25, 2021
What country are you in?

There are cases with better cooling than either of those for less money if your prepared to give up a little aesthetically.

Like these?

Corsair Case 4000D Midi Tower

Meshify C Tempered Glass

or Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered

How do you measure air cooling and how important it is?
My friend said to me to but Lian with 2X120 or 140 fans and they will be enough to cool the ryzen 3900X

2 x 140mm or 3 x 120 intakesmm and a pair of 120mm exhausts for a 3900x and 3070/3080 combo is what you should be looking at.

Both those cases you list satisfy that quota but they're solid fronted and airflow is stifled because of that.

With those kind of components you'd be way better looking for a mesh fronted case.

Theyre just so much more efficient cooling wise.

Theyre killer airflow cases, the mesh performance needs nothing adding at all, the mesh rgb and h500 just need a rear 120mm fan adding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
P300A Mesh isnt a bad budget option.
Just sayin

The issue there is that you're then close to the price of the lancool 2 mesh performance which is just a better case overall (and better looking imo).

That said there are dozens of cases that are way better than the original solid fronted ones listed. They're just aesthetics over function which is always a bad idea with high powered components

I agree,Lancool II mesh is really really good.
I personally like the 4000D Airflow,it doesnt have as good airflow as Lancool II mesh does,but it has enough not to be problematic.
I have this case,absotelly 0 complaints.
Comes with a fan hub,4 rgb fans,dust filters on all fans (including psu) and all of that for 70$.
Although im running a config you can see in my signature,which is not that airflow needy,its still a pretty underrated and solid case.

Solution
Jan 25, 2021
2 x 140mm or 3 x 120 intakesmm and a pair of 120mm exhausts for a 3900x and 3070/3080 combo is what you should be looking at.

Both those cases you list satisfy that quota but they're solid fronted and airflow is stifled because of that.

With those kind of components you'd be way better looking for a mesh fronted case.

Theyre just so much more efficient cooling wise.

Theyre killer airflow cases, the mesh performance needs nothing adding at all, the mesh rgb and h500 just need a rear 120mm fan adding.

Thank you very much for your advices! You helped me save at least 100 euros! What do you think about this?

Silverstone RL06 Tempered Glass

Thank you very much for your advices! You helped me save at least 100 euros! What do you think about this?

Silverstone RL06 Tempered Glass

The rl06 has amazing airflow, the fans however are single speed 1200rpm which means they are slightly noisy and are not adjustable.

Given a choice (if you're not bothered about fancy rgb) I would choose the lancool 2 mesh every single time if it's available, it's one of the best cases on the market in my opinion.

Jan 25, 2021
The rl06 has amazing airflow, the fans however are single speed 1200rpm which means they are slightly noisy and are not adjustable.

Given a choice (if you're not bothered about fancy rgb) I would choose the lancool 2 mesh every single time if it's available, it's one of the best cases on the market in my opinion.

Problem is, is not available right now! :( Do you have a second choice?

The lian li PC-o11 has only 155mm headroom available for a good air cooler.
Best air coolers will need 160mm. Of the two, the NZXT510 is the better choice.

As a suggestion, bust your budget if you must to get a case with the looks you love.
It will be with you for a long time.

Reactions: JimJailor