[SOLVED] Air cooling or an aio?

Jun 1, 2020
I currently have my nzxt h510( not the elite), rtx 2070 super, 3700x and trident z rgb 3600mhz, I use stock fans and coolers but right now my temp reaches 47-50°C on idle and 78-83°C During max load and my gpu idles at 40°C and maxes out at 65-70 °C when I'm rendering and doing 3d models and I do these almost 12hrs a day. I'm really worried about my system. I ordered 2 corsair ml 140 pro for intake but, I'm honestly confused about this case because I'm getting mixed opinions like keeping the negative airflow because it runs best stock or make it a positive airflow which will.make the cpu temps slightly lower and the gpu slightly higher. I'm scared of using water coolers tbh because I do this for a living and I just built it 2 weeks ago I do worry also about ram clearance the noctuas and dark rock pro 4 are the only avaible ones near me. Sorry for making this too long I'm a newb

Solution
What you heard about the negative pressure airflow in this chassis is true, although I don't know to what extent others have told you.
If air cooling only, the stock setup is the best overall. Adding fans in the front has been shown to either change nothing, or be detrimental to cooling.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340 [Check the Cpu and Gpu Torture thermals.]
If deciding to add fans, just replace the stock ones instead.

This changes if a liquid cooler is included. I would suggest saving the front for either a 240/280mm AIO to cool the 'hottest' component between the cpu and gpu...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What you heard about the negative pressure airflow in this chassis is true, although I don't know to what extent others have told you.
If air cooling only, the stock setup is the best overall. Adding fans in the front has been shown to either change nothing, or be detrimental to cooling.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340 [Check the Cpu and Gpu Torture thermals.]
If deciding to add fans, just replace the stock ones instead.

This changes if a liquid cooler is included. I would suggest saving the front for either a 240/280mm AIO to cool the 'hottest' component between the cpu and gpu, and leave the cooler one on air.
Hint: It's actually not the 3700X.

Liquid coolers aren't as bad as you think either. Most of what you may have heard was likely user error anyways.
Leaks are rare nowadays, but the pumps aren't invulnerable; they'll either clog, or break down over time, and you'll have to replace the entire unit, save for the fans.
Careful with the packaging - don't pull them out pump-first, and avoid stretching the tubing.

IMO, the real negatives to liquid coolers are:
Cost: You're not getting a good one below 100USD.
Information: The info's already out there, but people tend to just jump on the liquid cooling bandwagon completely blind... they aren't quite as simple as air coolers.

Contrary to what you are thinking right now, your temps are actually fine though! 83C is good for just the stock Wraith Prism cooler, and 70C is darn good for the gpu as well.

Reactions: Mr. Wobuffet
Solution
Jun 1, 2020
Thankyou I was getting so worried about my thermals because I almost use my pc for 12 hours. I Will get an aio soon do you have any suggestions for a 280mm? Like for a reliable one? There's a nearby store in my house the mostly availabe aio products are nzxt, corsair, evga and master cooler

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
With some exceptions, the AIOs are going to be mostly the same - only 2 OEMs make the pumps and then distribute them to the vendors you're already familiar with. After that, it's down to the fans.
Round block - Asetek
Square block - Coolit

NZXT Kraken X63
Corsair H115i
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2
Fractal Design Celsius+ S28