Air Cooling or Liquid cooling for AMD FX-8320? which is better?

Sizan

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=21745060008
this link shows my PC, :)
My CPU benchmark is decreasing .. May be its because of average core temp. goes 60˚C during the CPU usage is 100% . I use my PC for rendering with
V ray
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOj8dj8rAJxktIOGXWFJhRw)
Lumion 3D
(https://www.youtube.com/user/Lumion3D)
Sometimes the 100% CPU usage goes for Hours,,
I'm from Bangladesh,
I need an economic solution of this..
PLz help..

Solution
Investing in a high quality water cooler will go miles, however any decent air cooler will do the trick. The 8320 has basically unlimited overclocking (if I remember right the 8350 holds the world record, which is the same chip at a higher stock speed), which makes the liquid cooling worth it. You could push it to near 5GHz with a quality cooler.

Your temps are normal though, so there is no need to upgrade if you don't plan to OC.

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished
You guys have to remember, AIO liquid coolers are

1. Not quiet
2. Not better than cheaper, high quality air coolers (PH-TC14PE or NH-D14/5)
3. will die sooner than an air cooler (which is essentially just a piece of metal, and won't ever fail on you)

So if OP has a large budget, a custom water loop would be the best way to cool your CPU. If not, then air cooling is the way to go. Quieter, cheaper, longer lasting, just as effective. Check out the PH-TC14PE, the NH-D14, the NH-D15 on the higher end and the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO on the budget end.

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
Another point to consider with watercooling nobody likes to seem to mention is the risk of it failing and leaking and frying your stuff. At one point I had a h100i with cougar vortex fans but I didn't want it destroying my expensive pc. Just paranoid I guess, but, I'd go air cooling. A good one like the Noctua NH D14 or on a budget the Hyper 212 EVO is really good, it's what I use, with the Cougar Vortex fans in push-pull.

Sizan

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

please ensure me that Water coolers from brand like Thermaltake or Cooler Master are not quiet...
the noise of my default AMD cpu cooler is also a problem for me... thanks in advance..

gumbykid

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Investing in a high quality water cooler will go miles, however any decent air cooler will do the trick. The 8320 has basically unlimited overclocking (if I remember right the 8350 holds the world record, which is the same chip at a higher stock speed), which makes the liquid cooling worth it. You could push it to near 5GHz with a quality cooler.

Your temps are normal though, so there is no need to upgrade if you don't plan to OC.

Solution

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished

Unfortunately, you have to essentially build a custom loop to meaningfully exceed the performance of top-end air coolers. I still think the NH-D14 would be your best bet in terms of silence, price, and sheer cooling performance.